This section provides an overview on how to manage the Release of Information.
This feature ensures that a signed Release of Information (ROI) is always on file and up-to-date in each client record. It makes the ROI forms easy for the end user to access and store, and it also tracks expiration dates to ensure that the ROI form in each client record is current.
For end users, there are two situations that involve ROI form management: when working with existing client profiles, and when creating a new client profile.
Managing ROI forms within Existing Client Profiles
A Compliance Warning ribbon may appear across the screen of any client profile that has a missing ROI form, an expired ROI form, or an ROI form that is about to expire if the System Administrator has configured the system to do so.
The Compliance Warning time period is determined by your System Administrator during system setup, and can range from 5 days to 3 months before expiration of the ROI record. Access the Release of Information Screen by either selecting the Click Here link within the Compliance Ribbon or by clicking the Shield icon and selecting Add Release of Information.
The Release of Information Screen will appear. Complete the following data fields:
- Yes - Client provided consent
- No - Client did not provide consent
This is the date that the client signed the ROI. The Start Date defaults to today’s date, but it must be configured to reflect the actual date the ROI was signed by the client, if it was not signed on the current day.
This is the date that the ROI will expire. It will default to the expiration date configured by the HMIS System Administrator.
Enter the way in which the ROI was stored. There are several options listed:
- Electronic Signature - If Electronic Signature is selected, a black button stating e-Sign Document will be present. Click on it to complete the electronic signature form. The client can sign the form with their finger/stylus.
- Attached PDF – This will prompt the end user to upload the PDF, which must have the client signature.
- Signed Paper Consent or Outside Agency Verified – Enter your location in the Location text box that appears.
- Verbal Consent – Select if consent was verbally given by the client.
- Household or Group Member – Select if the client is a minor and an adult household/group member signed the ROI.
- None – Select if no ROI was obtained.
Select Add Record once all data fields are complete.
To verify the form uploaded correctly, click on the Shield icon , next to the client calendar and print icons. This will open the Client Privacy screen where you can review the details of the Release of Information record including the form.
Note: Only one ROI per agency per active start/end date range is permitted. The system will not allow you to upload a second ROI within the same date range.
Once the completed ROI has been uploaded, the Warning Ribbon on the client’s profile will be removed, and will only prompt when the ROI expires.
Managing ROI forms when Creating a New Client Profile
Select the create new client icon in the upper right corner of the Search Screen.
Once the Create a New Client screen opens, the Release of Information box will be located at the top right of the screen.
Enter the ROI information in the Release of Information box using the instructions listed in the Managing ROI forms within Existing Client Profiles section above.
Note: The Client Profile screen will not save until the Release of Information box is completed.