This customizable feature allows users to record if and for how long a client consents to share their information in Clarity Human Services. There are multiple ROI types, including scanned documents and electronically signed forms. System Administrators may make an ROI a requirement for creating a new client record, or users may be allowed to add one later.
Adding an ROI to a New Client Record
If a System Administrator has enabled the Require on Creation setting, you will see the Release of Information box at the top right of the page when you create a new client record. You will not be allowed to finish creating the new client record until the Release of Information box is completed.
If a System Administrator has turned on the Enable Consent Refused setting, you will see the Consent Refused option under the Release of Information box.
Complete the following fields:
- Yes: The client provided consent.
- No: The client did not provide consent.
This is the beginning effective date of the ROI. The Start Date value defaults to today’s date, but it can be changed if applicable.
This is the date that the ROI will expire. The value is auto-filled based on the agency's Default Term.
This is the method for collecting the ROI. The following options may be available, based on system configuration:
- Electronic Signature: If you select this option, an E-Sign Document button displays. Click on the button for the client to electronically sign the form. The client can sign the form with their finger or a stylus. The user will not be allowed to save the form until a signature is applied to the electronic signature field.
- Attached PDF: If you select this option, a Select File button displays, allowing you to upload a file.
- Signed Paper Document: Enter your location in the Location text box that appears.
- Verbal Consent: Select if the client verbally gave consent.
- Household/Group Member: Select if the client is a minor and an adult household/group member signed the ROI.
- None: Select if there is no ROI documentation.
Click Add Record once all fields are complete.
To verify the ROI information is correct, click on the Shield icon next to the client calendar and print icons. This will open the Client Privacy page, where you can review the ROI record details.
Managing ROI within Existing Client Records
To access ROI information within an existing client record, click the Shield icon, which navigates you to the Client Privacy page.
To edit an existing ROI record, click the Edit icon beside the record. To add a new record, click Add Release of Information.
|Note: The Version column, which updates each time an ROI is edited, only displays for System Administrators.|
If a System Administrator enables the Compliance Warning setting, a warning ribbon may appear across the screen of any client record with a missing, expired, or soon-to-expire ROI form. The Compliance Warning time period is determined by System Administrators and can range from 5 days to 3 months before the expiration of the ROI record.
Click the Manage button within the Compliance Ribbon or click the Shield icon to access the Client Privacy page to update the ROI.
Once a new ROI that meets the agency's compliance standards is recorded, the Compliance Warning ribbon disappears.