Current and historical information about a client's geographic location can be managed from the client record Location tab. Location records can be added manually or created using geolocation data based on the Iocation of the device you're entering data from. Manual location records contain additional fields not included in records created using the Field Interaction functionality (figure 1). Both types of records display on an interactive map under the Location tab.
Viewing Client Locations
To manage client location information, click the Location tab in the client record (figure 2).
Previously recorded location information will display in the location results (figure 3). These results include the name of the staff member who last updated the location record (Last Updated Staff), the Type of location (Field Interaction or Address along with Address Type) and the location date.
These locations can be filtered by the location type as well as the Status (“Active,” “Inactive,” or “All”).
Clicking on a location pin will zoom into that location on the map (figure 4).
Client Location Map
Location records display on an interactive map. You can zoom in and out on the map as well as view the map in Imagery with Labels mode (figure 5).
Adding New Client Locations
Field Interactions provide a quick way to record location data based on device location. To use this tool, click the Field Interactions icon (figure 6).
After clicking the Field Interaction icon, a pin drop will automatically be entered at the device location (figure 7).
This can be modified by:
- Entering an address on the Address line
- Clicking (or touching on mobile) a location on the map to relocate the pin
After the location is identified, click Add. A record is created for the location, which displays in the locations results (figure 8).
To add a location and other associated information manually, click Add Address (figure 9).
Next, record the information associated with the location.
- Address Type: the drop-down menu options for Address Type are populated from the Address Type field, which is managed in Field Editor.
- Name: a user selected identifying name for the location.
- Location Date: user selected date for the location.
- Active Location: untoggling will allow the location to be filtered out of active locations.
- Private: Toggling on makes the location visible only to staff members located at the agency where the record was created, regardless of Sharing settings (for more information on private data, see Making Client Data Private).
Click the Add Location button to select the location from a map (figure 10).
A map will display after clicking Add Location. An address can either be added manually, which will display matching locations to select, or using the device location by clicking Current Location (figure 11). After selecting a location, click Add.
Once you’ve finished entering the location information, click Save Changes. The address will display in the location results.
Address and Field Interaction location records can be edited or deleted by hovering over the location and clicking either the edit or trashcan icon (figure 12).
The address and date can be modified for Field Interaction records (figure 13) .
For Address records, all initially editable fields can be modified.