The Location tab in the client record allows you to record and view client geographic location information.
You can access the Location tab by clicking Location in the client record.
Previously recorded location information will display in the location results as well as the map. These results include the name of the staff member who last updated the location record (Last Updated Staff), the Type of location, the Location Date, and if the location displays in Outreach (if Outreach is enabled in the system). Location records are sorted by Location Date.
You can filter location records by Type as well as Status (“Active,” “Inactive,” or “All”).
Clicking on a location pin will zoom into that location on the map.
Location records display on an interactive map. You can zoom in and out on the map and view the map using basemaps and map layers.
Adding Client Locations from the Location Tab
You can add Address and Field Interaction location records from the Location tab (for information on adding location data through services or fields, see Entering Client Location Data for Geolocation Fields and Entering Data for Geolocation-Enabled Service Item).
Field Interactions provide a quick way to record location data based on device location. To record this type of location, click the Field Interactions icon.
After clicking the Field Interaction icon, the system will navigate you to the Add Location pop-up, where you can enter the client's location information.
To add an Address Type location, click Add Address.
Address Type locations include additional information fields:
- Address Type: the drop-down menu options for Address Type are populated from the Address Type field, managed in Field Editor.
- Name: a user-selected identifying name for the location.
- Location Date: user-selected date for the location.
- Active Location: untoggling will allow the location to be filtered out of active locations.
- Private: toggling on makes the location visible only to staff members located at the agency where the record was created, regardless of Sharing settings (for more information on private data, see Making Client Data Private).
Clicking Add Location will navigate you to the Add Location pop-up.
Editing Locations from the Location Tab
Address and Field Interaction location records can be edited or deleted by hovering over the location and clicking either the edit or trashcan icon.
You can modify Field Interaction Address and Location Date .
For Address locations, you can modify all initially editable fields.