Public Alerts provide a way to direct staff members to important information within a client record by displaying a gold banner across the top of the Client Profile. The banner will display the text "This client has been issued system-wide alert. Please review notes for full details." (figure 1). Clicking on the banner will navigate the staff member to the Notes tab, where they'll be able to read any alerts visible to them.
|Note: the ability to create, edit, and delete alerts is dependent on the permissions within the staff member’s access role.|
A few examples of how a public alert can be used are:
- Locating clients in order to offer a service or referral (“Please have Jane Doe call our agency for rental assistance”)
- Indicating that a housing opportunity is available for a client
- Language access and support by making sure other providers know the client’s primary language (“Client speaks Spanish as primary language”)
- The client has lost an item or an item belonging to the client has been found
To create a public alert, go to the Notes tab in the client record and click Add Alert (figure 2).
Enter a title, expiration date, and text explaining the nature of the alert (the Agency field will automatically populate with the name of your agency or the agency you're switched into).
Expiration Date: Once the date selected for Expiration Date has passed, the alert will remain in the client record under the Notes tab. However, the Public Alerts gold banner will no longer display in the Client Profile for that specific alert (it may still display if there are other alerts that have not expired).
To immediately “expire” an alert, change the expiration date to any date before today’s date.
Private: An alert can either be shared with all agencies in the system or privately within an agency. Toggling Private will make the public alert visible only to staff members in your agency (for more information on private data, see Making Client Data Private).
- Leaving Private un-toggled will make the public alert visible to all agencies, regardless of the agency's sharing settings.
Once the alert has been saved, the alert ribbon will display on the Client Profile.