This section discusses how to manage client attendance from the Attendance screen. For information on documenting attendance from the History tab in the client record, please click here.
An attendance-based service is one that is provided on a daily basis, or multiple times per day (e.g. transportation services, shelter services, etc.)
To begin working with client attendance, go to the Launcher menu and select the “Attendance” icon.
This will take you to the Attendance screen, where you will find a list of the attendance-based services in your agency. Select the “Manage” link that appears to the left of the service name you wish to modify or view.
Selecting “Manage” will take you to the attendance screen for that particular service. It will automatically default to the current date. If needed, you can change the date by selecting the calendar icon. The screen will adjust to list the attendance information for the given date.
Service Attendance Screen
The Service Attendance screen is divided into 3 sections:
- The “In Attendance” box is located on the left side of the screen. This is where you will place the clients who received the service on the given date.
- To the right of this box is the list of clients who have received this service at any point in time during the past 4 months.
- On the far right side of the screen is the client search box. Here you can enter a client name or part of the name for clients who have not received the service within the past 4 months. You can also easily manage household attendance here as well.
Documenting Client Attendance
There are three ways to document client attendance:
- Pull the name from the list of clients who received the service within the last 4 months.
- Use the client search box. This method also allows you to easily add new clients and/or entire households to the client attendance list.
- Unique Identifier Scan Upload
1. Pull From Client List
To “check in” a client, select the “Add” link next to their name as it appears in the database of names to the right. This will carry the client from the database on the right to the daily attendance list on the left. Notice that the totals located at the bottom of both boxes will change accordingly and in real time.
If necessary, you can remove the client from the daily attendance list by selecting the trashcan icon next to the client’s name. This will return the client to the database of names; it will not completely delete them from the list.
2. Client Search Box
Use the client search box to add a client who has not received the service during the last 4 months, or to check in multiple household members.
Enter the client name (or part of the client name). Just as with the first method, select the “Add” link to add the client to the In Attendance list (i.e. check them in).
NOTE: If the service transaction requires a program enrollment, the Attendance Tool will not allow clients who are not enrolled in the program to be checked in.
To add members of a household, select the “+” icon to the left of the client name. A list of their associated household members will drop down. Select “Add” to check in these household members.