This section discusses how to run/schedule a report form the Clarity report library.
Running a Report
To run (or schedule) a report, go to the Launcher in the top right of the screen and select the “Reports” icon.
This will bring you to the Report main screen, which is divided into several sections according to report type, with Show/Hide features for easy organization.
The report section will expand to make the reports within that section available. Select the ‘up’ arrow to minimize the screen to its normal size.
For more information on a particular report, select the ‘More Info’ link. The screen will expand to include a summary of the purpose of the report.
This will take you to the Preview page. Here you can select the parameters for each report. Because each report is different, some of the parameter options will vary depending on the report. In the example below ([OUTS-105] Client Demographics report), the required parameters are:
- Choose services
- Housing Status at Entry
- Veteran Status
- Starting Date
- Ending Date
- Report Format
Most reports require a starting date and an ending date:
- Starting Date: This date will reflect the date from which you would like to generate data.
- Ending Date: This date will reflect the date you would like to stop generating data.
Every report will also ask you to select a report format. You can select Web Page, PDF, or Excel.
- Web Page: A Web Page is a functional format that allows you to drill down on data elements to inspect the underlying data supporting it.
- PDF: The PDF is a good option for official reports, grants, etc.
- Excel file: If you download the excel file you can can use excel to manipulate and organize the data (e.g. Sort/Check for duplicates, etc.)
After choosing your parameters, select the ‘OK’ button to run the report.
A popup box will appear indicating that your report is being processed. Once the report is processed, a second popup box will appear below the first indicating the report is ready. Select ‘Open’ to view the report.
Scheduling a Report
Reports can be run immediately, or they can be scheduled to run at specified times. To schedule a report, select the ‘Schedule’ link instead of the ‘Run’ link.
This will take you to the Preview page where you can select the process date for the report. Use the same directions as above for selecting the parameters.