This section discusses how to run/schedule a report from the Clarity Report Library.
Accessing the Reports Area
To run or schedule a report, go to the Launcher icon in the top right of the screen and select the Reports icon.
This will bring you to the Report main screen, which is divided into several sections according to report type, with Show/Hide features for easy organization.
Expanding Report Sections
The report section will expand to make the reports within that section available. Select the up arrow to minimize the screen to its normal size.
Report - More Info
For more information on a particular report, select the More Info link. The screen will expand to include a summary of the purpose of the report.
Running the Report
Clicking the Run link adjacent to the report name will take you to the Preview tab. Here you can select the parameters for each report. Because each report is different, some of the parameter options will vary depending on the report.
Most reports require a starting date and an ending date:
- Starting Date - This date will reflect the date from which you would like to generate data.
- Ending Date - This date will reflect the date you would like to stop generating data.
Every report will also ask you to select a report format. You can select Web Page, PDF, or Excel.
- Web Page - A Web Page is a functional format that allows you to drill down on data elements to inspect the underlying data supporting it.
- PDF - The PDF is a good option for official reports, grants, etc.
- Excel file - If you download the excel file you can can use excel to manipulate and organize the data (e.g. Sort/Check for duplicates, etc.)
After choosing your parameters, select the OK button to run the report.
Opening the Report
A popup box will appear indicating that your report is being processed. Once the report is processed, a second popup box will appear below the first indicating the report is ready. Select Open to view the report.
Scheduling a Report
Reports can be run immediately, or they can be scheduled to run at specified times. To schedule a report, select the Schedule link instead of the Run link.
This will take you to the Preview page where you can select the process date for the report. Use the same directions as above for selecting the parameters.
Report Status Badges
You may see colored badges displayed adjacent to report names. These badges are intended to give you a visual indicator of the status of the report. Please consider the report status when reviewing the data populating the report.
- - Indicates the report is in BETA status
- - Indicates that while the report is in production, it is still under development
- - Indicates that the report is currently being tested by the Bitfocus Quality Assurance team
- - Indicates that the report is invalid and no longer intended to be used for official purposes