The Data Analysis Tool allows you to interact with your data in order to understand its trends and patterns to get the most of Clarity Human Services. This tool also enables you to present your data in a digestible, understandable format to funders and other stakeholders.
Oftentimes, valuable information will be hidden within HMIS data, undetectable by even the most sophisticated reports. Many organizations have ‘hunches’ regarding the patterns they believe lie within their data, but these patterns remain stubbornly hidden within the data.
In short, the primary goal of the Data Analysis Tool is to clearly and efficiently present information using data visualization (i.e. statistical graphics, plots, information graphics, tables, and charts) to portray the particular data at hand.
Two hallmark benefits of data visualization are exploration and explanation:
- Exploration- Find and understand the story that the data is telling you. The concept of understanding is particularly important here – data visualization gives you the tools you need to not only detect the data’s story, but also understand this story’s meaning and relevance.
- Explanation- Tell this story to the audience (i.e. funders and stakeholders) in a way that is easily digestible and understandable.
With this tool, you can understand what’s working within your organization and community in order to make decisions faster and with confidence. The Clarity Human Services Data Visualization Tool will enable you to:
- Create and define metrics
- Create and share dashboards
- Create a common data language that all (authorized) staff can understand and use
- Easily understand how queries are generated and how the model is representing the underlying data
The Clarity Human Services support staff needs to turn on Looker© functionality in order for it to be available for your installation. Please send a request email to our Support Staff.
This section discusses resources provided by Looker. Here are some that you might find useful as you learn this robust reporting tool.
The Looker Documentation page will give you easy access into the world of Looker.
- Browse - Will help you learn the basics of getting around in Looker
- Explore- Start here to begin exploring creating new Looks
Looker Discourse is the place to go with questions. It is the Looker discussion board. Get answers to your questions from Looker staff and expert users. Here are some tips for using Looker Discourse:
- Search Looker Discourse for the answer to your question BEFORE posting a question.
- Please note that Looker Discourse is appropriate for general questions such as the syntax for Table Calculations and Custom Filters, and not about specific data. When Looker staff and expert users try to answer questions, knowing your background and level of use usually helps them answer the question appropriately, so please provide that information.
The Learn Looker section is going through a major overhaul, but there is still valuable information available. An active Looker license is required to access this material. (The Explore Data with Looker section is particularly helpful because it provides an excellent step-by-step guide to exploring data. The Get Started with LookML section is a helpful resource for Bitfocus Looker Administrators.)
More Resources from Looker
Clarity Human Services and Looker
Learn about how Looker has been deployed for reporting from Clarity Human Services. Start with the Looker Data Models.