Program Goals allow staff members to track whether a client accomplished a goal within an enrollment based on either demographic, service, or time-based data. Goal Templates allow system administrators to create pre-configured goals that can then be enabled for the program.
|Note: only system administrators can create and edit Goal Templates.|
Accessing Goal Templates
To create or modify a Goal Template, click the Launchpad and navigate to Setup > Templates > Goal Templates.
Creating New Goal Templates
Click Create a New Goal Template. Enter a name and description for the goal and choose a Status. An "Active" template is accessible to programs. An "Inactive" goal is not, but can be changed to "Active" at any time. Click Save Changes.
|Note: once you click Save Changes, you must add measures for the goal to function correctly.|
Creating Goal Measures
The accomplishment of a goal is tracked in the client record when the Measure criteria are met. Measures can be demographic-based, service-based, or time-based, and multiple measures can be set up for a goal.
- Demographics-Based: use field data to determine if a goal was accomplished. For example, a goal may be established for obtaining earned income using the Earned Income field. The accomplishment of a demographic based measure is based on data entered during a Status Assessment.
- Services-Based: uses the Category of a service item data to determine if a goal was accomplished. For example, a goal may be established for receiving credit repair using a measure with "Credit Repair" as the Category. The accomplishment of a service-based measure is based on the service being recorded from within an enrollment.
- Time-Based: uses time duration to determine if a goal was accomplished. For example, a goal may be established for a client to remain in a program for a certain amount of time.
To add a measure to a goal, click Add New Measure.
If adding a service-based or time-based measure, select the measure type and click Add. If adding a demographic-based measure, you also need to select the applicable field. Start typing the name of the field, and select the appropriate option. Next, you must further define your measure(s).
- For demographic-based measures, select whether the field is equal to, not equal to, greater than, or less than a selected response.
- For service-based measures, select whether the service is equal to or not equal to a specific Category.
- For time-based measures, select the number of days to pass.
Working With Measure Rules
When multiple measures are created, measure rules determine how the elements are calculated in relationship with each other. Between each Measure, there is an and/or option.
Blank fields are also available to the left and right of each measure allowing the user to create sets of measures by adding parentheses.