Click on Reports from the main menu. This will take you to the Report Library main screen. You will notice the screen is divided into several category sections according to report type, with Show/Hide features for easy organization.
To generate a report, select the down arrow to the right of the appropriate report category section.
The report section will expand to include all reports in that report category section. Select the Run link to the right of the chosen report.
Setting Report Parameters
Selecting the Run link will take you to the Preview tab.
Here you can select your report parameters. Because each report is different, some of the parameter options will vary depending on the report.
Most reports require a starting date and an ending date:
- Starting Date - This date will reflect the date from which you would like to generate data.
- Ending Date - This date will reflect the date you would like to stop generating data
Every report will also ask you to select the Report Format (i.e. web page, PDF, Excel). Note that not all reports list every Report Format.
- Web Page - A Web Page is a functional format that allows you to drill down on data elements to inspect the underlying data supporting it.
- PDF - The PDF is a good option for official reports, grants, etc.
- Excel - If you download the Excel file, you can can use Excel to manipulate and organize the data (e.g. Sort/Check for duplicates, etc.)
After choosing your parameters, select the ‘OK’ button to run the report.
Pending and Completed Reports
After selecting OK, the Report Queue Manager popup box will appear notifying you that your report is being processed. Close this window to continue.
If you mouse over the Queue icon at the top of the screen to the left of the main menu icon, a popup box will appear listing report details. Note that the report will be listed as Pending.
Once your report is completed, another popup box will appear notifying you that your report is ready. Select Open to view your report.
For information on how to schedule a report, see Scheduling Reports.