This section discusses how to add General Services & Program Assigned Services.
There are two steps to creating any type of service:
- Creating a Service
- Creating a Service Item
An Employment Service is a special kind of Service which will be covered below.
Creating a Service
To create a Service, go to the Launcher in the top right of your screen and go to Manage and Services.
Then select the Add New Service link located in the top right corner of the center screen.
This will take you to the Create a New Service Screen.
Type the name of the Service.
This is an identifying category that is used for reporting purposes. The categories listed reflect the type of funding source for either the service or the program the service is connected to. If the service or the affiliated program is funded by a Federal Partner (i.e. PATH, RHY, HOPWA, etc.) then select the appropriate category from the dropdown menu. For example, if the service or affiliated program is funded by a HOPWA grant, then select HOPWA from the dropdown.
If the service or the affiliated program is NOT categorized into one of those categories, then select the appropriate non-Federal Partner category (e.g. Case Management, Financial, Food, Rental Assistance etc.).
This field allows you to indicate how many sites the agency providing the Service is comprised and the amount of buildings each agency site has. This information is included when documenting your Primary Site Location (e.g. when determining your geocode).
There are three options in the dropdown menu:
- Single Site, Single Building- This indicates that your agency has only one location with only one building at that location.
- Single Site, Multiple Buildings- This indicates that your agency has only one location with multiple buildings at this location.
- Multiple sites- This indicates that your agency has multiple locations. It is not necessary to document the amount of buildings at each location.
This field allows you to indicate what type of site will be offering the Service.
There are three options in the dropdown menu:
- Non-residential: services only– this indicates that the site does not have beds, and only offers General non-housing Services.
- Residential: special needs and non-special needs– this indicates that the site has beds, and accommodates persons with special needs (i.e. physical/developmental handicap) as well as persons without special needs).
- Residential: special needs only– This indicates that the service site has beds and only accommodates persons with special needs
NOTE: Residential Housing Services have different configurations than Non-Residential: Services Only services. Learn about Creating Housing Services to complete service configurations for a housing service. The following discusses Non-Residential: Services Only only.
This field indicates if the service provided is Active or Inactive. An Active Service is a service currently being provided to clients. An Inactive Service is a service that is not currently being provided to clients (e.g. seasonal services).
Then select Add Record to move on to creating the Service Items.
Creating a Service Item
The next step is to create the Service Item(s) for the Service.
To create the Service Item(s), select the Add Item link in the Service Items section.
This will take you to the Services: Item Detail screen.
Begin by entering the name of the Service Item.
Next select the Delivery Type from the dropdown menu.
- Long Term- This selection allows you to extend the Availability End Date of the Program Assigned Service greater than 31 days.
- Daily Attendance- This selection allows you to enter a client into the General Service or the Program Assigned Service on a day-by-day basis. This is possible for up to 31 days and is used most often for Emergency Shelters.
- Multiple Attendance- This selection allows you to document attendance for services that are offered multiple times per day.
If Daily Attendance or Multiple Attendance is selected, additional data fields will appear:
- Service Option- When the checkbox is selected, any attendance-based service item will be accessible from both the Services tab and the Attendance section. If this checkbox is not selected, the attendance-based service will only appear in the Attendance section and will not be accessible via the Services tab.
- Attendance History Assist - This will determine which clients appear in the quick add section of the attendance screen. It could be clients that received the service in just the last week or up to the last 4 months.
- Default Intake Model - This will determine if the Service defaults to Scanned mode or Manual attendance entry. Regardless of the default option, both methods can be used when administering the attendance service.
- Require Release of Information - If this is checked, the client must have an active ROI in Clarity Human Services to receive the service.
Group Placement Option
Toggling this switch will allow the user to select additional household members to enroll into the Service when enrolling the Head of Household. For example, if Mufasa was enrolled, an option would appear to also enroll Simba, a member of Mufasa's household.
Availability Start/End Dates
The Availability Start Date indicates the date the Service is available. The Availability End Date indicates the date the Service becomes unavailable. Select the calendar icon to enter the dates.
The Geocode is a marker administered by HUD. It is a 6-digit number that corresponds to a particular geographic location within a Continuum of Care (CoC). Most CoCs have multiple geographic areas and therefore multiple geocodes. An updated list of all HUD geocodes is provided annually, and can be found on the HUD website.
The geocode associated with the geographic location of the principal provider program service site. Scattered-site housing provider programs should record the Geocode where the majority of beds are located or where most beds are located as of the inventory update.
This functionality helps agencies manage third party service vendors. Checking the Enable Accounts box will trigger the Account Option section to appear below the Housing Options.
Here you can select Vendor for Account Type and whether or not it is Required. Clicking Required will require the field to be completed when the user is creating the service record for the client.
Accounts can be added and managed in the Manage section under the Accounts Tab.
Select the funding source for the Service from the dropdown menu. All expense transactions will be reflected in the funding source (Manage > Funding) automatically and in real-time. If any option other than Do Not Charge is selected, the data field Charge per Attendance will appear (see below).
Indicates the Default Amount to be charged for each occurrence of the Service.
- Individual: Default Amount will be charged per individual.
- Group: Default Amount will be charged on a group basis (for group enrollment situations).
Selecting the checkbox will allow the user to adjust the expense amount of the Service with each transaction. Not selecting the checkbox will ensure that the Default Amount is applied to each transaction. If ‘Adjustable’ is selected, the Charge per Attendance data field will disappear.
Time Tracking Options
Turn on the toggle switch next to Enable Time Tracking to see the Time Tracking Options. Time tracking enables you to record how long a service took place. Set a Default time if the service item has a designated length of time or a typical length of time. If the amount of time should be adjustable from the Default time, then toggle on Time Tracking Is Adjustable. Lastly designate whether the Time Tracking Type should be by Group or Individual.
Selecting Add Record will complete creation of the Service Item. The Service Detail will now appear on the Services menu.
Configuring Employment-based Services
Employment Category Services
Agency Managers can also configure services that involve employment. To do so, go to Manage > Services. Select the Add New Service link. It is necessary to select Employment from the Category dropdown menu and set the Program Usage (as described earlier in this article) then save/add. Next, select Add Item in the Service Items section.
Once in the Services: Item Detail section fill out the information as you would for any other service. After clicking Save, the Employment Options will appear. Toggle the switch next to Employment Placement to enable the employment-based service options to appear when giving a client the service.
This will allow the end-user to conduct an employment-based service transaction.
NOTE: These services can be either linked to a program or stand-alone services.
General Services and Program Assigned Services
- General Services- These are service items not associated with a Program, meaning a person not enrolled in a program can still receive the service.
- Program Assigned Services- These are service items that are associated with a Program, so a client would need to be enrolled in a program to receive the service.
Edit a service and scroll to the last section (Program Options):
There are three options:
- Services Only- Selecting this option will designate the service as a stand-alone service, meaning that the service is not linked to a program, and will only be accessible through the client’s Service tab. The client does not have to be enrolled into a program to be issued this service.
- Services & Programs- Selecting this option will link the service to a program, but still allow the end user to issue the service even if the client is not enrolled in the program. The Service will be accessible via both the Services tab and the Provide Services tab in the Program screen.
- Programs Only- Selecting this option means that the end user will only be able to issue the service if the client is enrolled in the program. Once the client is enrolled into the Program, the Service will only be accessible under the Provide Services tab; not under the Service tab of the client record.
To link a service to a program, select Programs Only or Services & Programs check the box next to the Program(s) the service is to be linked to.