This tutorial covers how to set up services.
There are 4 different types of services. Each requires slightly different configurations.
- Click here to learn how to configure a General Service.
- Click here to learn how to configure a Program Assigned Service.
- Click here to learn how to configure a Housing Service.
- Click here to learn how to configure a Outreach Contact Service.
Below is a general summary of the main steps required for service setup.
To begin creating a service, go to Launchpad > Manage > Services tab> Add New Service link (top right hand corner of the center screen).
This will bring you to the Create A New Service screen.
Enter the following:
Identify the name of the service you are creating. This name will appear to end users. This should be a general title, as you will have the opportunity to create individual Service Items for each service.
Select the appropriate category for the service. The categories listed reflect the type of funding source for either the service or the program the service is connected to. If the service or the affiliated program is funded by a Federal Partner (i.e. PATH, RHY, HOPWA, etc.) then select the appropriate category from the dropdown menu. For example, if the service or affiliated program is funded by a HOPWA grant, then select HOPWA from the dropdown.
If the service or the affiliated program is NOT categorized into one of those categories, then select the appropriate non-Federal Partner category (e.g. Case Management, Financial, Food, Rental Assistance etc.).
This field allows you to indicate how many sites the agency providing the Service is comprised of, and the amount of buildings each agency site has. This information is included when documenting your Primary Site Location (e.g. when determining your geocode)
Select the appropriate site type for this service.
- Non-residential: services only – If the program only provides supportive services and does not provide overnight accommodations.
- Residential: special needs and non-special needs – Residential housing (i.e. site that provides overnight accommodation) is located within a building or complex that houses both persons with special needs—e.g. homeless or formerly homeless persons, persons with substance abuse problems, persons with mental illness, or persons with HIV/AIDS—and persons without any special needs.
- Residential: special needs only – Residential housing is located within a building or complex that houses only persons with special needs—e.g. homeless or formerly homeless persons, persons with substance abuse problems, persons with mental illness, persons with HIV/AIDS, persons with a physical disability, and/or elderly persons.
This field indicates if the service provided is Active or Inactive. An Active service is a service currently being provided to clients. An Inactive service is a service that is not currently being provided to clients (e.g. seasonal services). Selecting Inactive will store the service information in the system for later use if the service needs to be activated in the future.
After completing the data fields, select Add Record at the bottom of the page to continue to the Services: Detail screen.
Program Options (Linking a Service to a Program)
Note: While the Programs Options section is located at the bottom of the Services: Detail screen, make sure to complete this section before continuing to other sections.
The Program Options section is located at the bottom of the Services: Detail screen.
Here you can link the service to a program. You have three options in the dropdown menu:
- Services Only: Selecting this option will designate the service as a stand-alone service, meaning that the service is not linked to a program, and will only be accessible through the client’s Service tab. The client does not have to be enrolled into a program to be issued this service.
- Services & Programs: Selecting this option will link the service to a program, but still allow the end user to issue the service even if the client is not enrolled in the program. The Service will be accessible via both the Services tab and the Provide Services tab in the Program screen.
- Programs Only: Selecting this option means that the end user will only be able to issue the service if the client is enrolled in the program. Once the client is enrolled into the Program, the Service will only be accessible under the Provide Services tab—not under the Service tab of the client record.
Check the box next to the Program(s) the service is to be linked to. This is for Services & Programs or Programs Only designations.
Select Save Changes before continuing with other sections.
You can create multiple Service Items within a service. Select the Add Item link to enter the first service item.
This will take you to the Services: Item Detail screen. This screen is divided into multiple sections, the amount and type depending upon whether the service is a non-housing service or a housing service, and depending on which Category the service is in. Additional sections may appear depending on the service Category. For example, if the service is under the Employment category, the Employment Options section will also display.
Each data field is described in the tables below.
Services: Item Detail
|Item Title||This is the title of the Service Item (not the service) as it will appear to the end user.|
|Group Placement Option||Selecting this checkbox will allow the user to automatically enroll additional household members into the Service when enrolling the Head of Household.|
|Start Availability||Indicates the date the Service is available.|
|End Availability||Indicates the date the Service becomes unavailable.|
|Geocode||Record the geocode associated with the geographic location of the associated program. If the service is not linked to a program, use the geocode for the agency. HUD provides a list of geocodes as part of the annual CoC application process. Geocodes must be updated annually. Services associated with mobile programs (e.g. street outreach) should record the geocode based on the location of their administrative office. Services associated with scattered-site housing programs should record the geocode where the majority of beds are located or where most beds are located as of the last inventory update.|
If Daily Attendance or Multiple Attendance is selected for Delivery Types, additional data fields will appear:
- Service Option- When the checkbox is selected, any attendance-based service item will be accessible from both the Services tab and the Attendance section. If this checkbox is not selected, the attendance-based service will only appear in the Services tab and will not be accessible via the Attendance section.
- Attendance History Assist - This will determine which clients appear in the quick add section of the attendance screen. It could be clients that received the service in just the last week or up to the last 4 months.
- Default Intake Model - This will determine if the Service defaults to Scanned mode or Manual attendance entry. Regardless of the default option, both methods can be used when administering the attendance service.
- Require Release of Information - If this is checked, the client must have an active ROI in Clarity Human Services to receive the service.
|Automatically Charge||Indicate which funding source is responsible for the service expense. Selecting Do Not Charge will cause the expense options to not show to the end user when the service is placed. Selecting No Funding Source adds the option for the end user to add an expense at the time of service without assigning the expense to a specific funding source. All expense transactions will be reflected in the funding source (Manage > Funding) automatically and in real-time.|
|Default Amount||This is a set default amount for each service issuance.|
|Expense Type||Select Individual to charge per individual receiving the service. Select Group to charge per household receiving the service.|
|Adjustable||Selecting the checkbox will allow the end user to adjust the service expense when placing a service. Not selecting the checkbox will ensure that the Default Amount is applied to each transaction.|
NOTE: The Default Amount, Expense Type and Adjustable fields will be hidden if Automatically Charge = Do Not Charge is selected.
After completing the data fields, select Add Record to finalize the Service Item. This will finalize the creation of the service, but you can add as many Service Items necessary by selecting the Add Item link on the Service Item: Detail screen.
Agencies with multiple programs and/or services can use Departmental Sharing to secure each program and/or service independently. Click here for details on Departmental Sharing.
Note: Program Assigned Services can also be created through the Automated Provisioning feature, in which you can establish default Program Assigned Services for programs that use the same services. Click here for more information.