This section discusses how to configure an Outreach Contact Service.
The same process applies to creating General Services and Program Assigned Services, with the only difference being different service item configuration.
Creating Outreach Services
The creation of Outreach Services is required for any program with Street Outreach as the Program Type. This page is designed specifically for Outreach Services, but information about generally Creating Services can also be referenced for additional guidance.
There are two steps to creating ANY type of service:
1. Creating a Service
2. Creating a Service Item
Outreach Services are distinguished from the set up of other services in that they require the creation of 3 specific service items so that reports populate accurately. Therefore it is imperative for service items to be setup appropriately. Please see the Service Item section below.
Creating a Service
To create a Service, go to Launchpad > Manage > Services, and select the Add New Service link located in the top right corner of the center screen.
This will take you to the Create a New Service Screen.
For outreach services, the service title Outreach Contact is recommended to avoid confusion.
This is an identifying category that is used for reporting purposes. The appropriate category for contact services is Outreach & Engagement. The assignment of Outreach & Engagement as the main service category is critical for accurate reporting of client contacts, regardless of the funding source.
This field allows you to indicate how many sites the agency providing the outreach service comprises, and the amount of buildings each agency site has. This information is included when documenting your Primary Site Location (e.g. when determining your geocode).
You will notice three options in the dropdown menu:
- Single Site, Single Building- This indicates that your agency has only one location with only one building at that location.
- Single Site, Multiple Buildings- This indicates that your agency has only one location with multiple buildings at this location.
- Multiple sites- This indicates that your agency has multiple locations. It is not necessary to document the amount of buildings at each location.
This field allows you to indicate what type of site will be offering the Service.
You will notice three options in the dropdown menu:
- Non-residential: services only – this indicates that the site does not have beds, and only offers General non-housing Services.
- Residential: special needs and non-special needs – this indicates that the site has beds, and accommodates persons with special needs (i.e. physical/developmental handicap) as well as persons without special needs).
- Residential: special needs only – This indicates that the service site has beds and only accommodates persons with special needs
This field indicates if the service provided is Active or Inactive. An Active Service is a service currently being provided to clients. An Inactive Service is a service that is not currently being provided to clients (e.g. seasonal services).
Select Add Record.
This will take you to the Services: Detail screen.
Creating a Service Item
The next step is to create the Service Item(s) for the Outreach Service.
To create the Service Item(s), select the Add Item link in the Service Items section. This will take you to the Services: Item Detail screen.
Outreach contact services must have the following 3 service items titled exactly as listed below:
- Place not meant for habitation
- Service setting, non-residential
- Service setting, residential
In other words, please do not change the name of the Detail Item Title that auto populates when the appropriate Category is selected.
Service Items must be categorized according to their funding source. The items listed in this dropdown menu will be dependent upon the Service Category entered on the ‘Create a New Service’ screen.
Next select the Delivery Type from the dropdown menu. Multiple Attendance is recommended.
- Long Term-This selection allows you to extend the Availability End Date of the Program Assigned Service greater than 31 days. Since Outreach services can be provided multiple times per day but are not actually long term, it is strongly recommended that this delivery method NOT be used to capture Outreach services. For reporting purposes, only the start date for a long term service is counted as the contact date.
- Daily Attendance- This selection allows you to enter a client into the Program Assigned Service on a day-by-day basis. This is possible for up to 31 days and is used most often for Emergency Shelters. Since Outreach services can be provided multiple times per day it is strongly recommended that this delivery method NOT be used to capture Outreach services since it limits the user to entering attendance ONLY once per day.
- Multiple Attendance- This selection allows you to document attendance for services that are offered multiple times per day. For Outreach this is the recommended delivery method since it allows the user to track multiple instances of outreach contacts per day.
If Daily Attendance or Multiple Attendance is selected, additional data fields will drop appear:
- Service Option- When the checkbox is selected, any attendance-based service item will be accessible from both the Services tab and the Attendance section. If this checkbox is not selected, the attendance-based service will only appear in the Attendance section and will not be accessible via the Services tab.
- Attendance History Assist - This will determine which clients appear in the quick add section of the attendance screen. It could be clients that received the service in just the last week or up to the last 4 months.
- Default Intake Model - This will determine if the Service defaults to Scanned mode or Manual attendance entry. Regardless of the default option, both methods can be used when administering the attendance service.
- Require Release of Information - If this is checked, the client must have an active ROI in Clarity Human Services to receive the service.
Group Placement Option
Selecting this checkbox will allow the user to automatically enroll additional household members into the Service when enrolling the Head of Household. In the example below, the user is conducting a service transaction (Case Management) for the client John Mayer as well as the other members of his household (as indicated by the checkmarks next to their names).
Availability Start/End Dates
The Availability Start Date indicates the date the Service is available. The Availability End Date indicates the date the Service becomes unavailable. Select the calendar icon to enter the dates.
The Geocode is a marker administered by HUD. It is a 6-digit number that corresponds to a particular geographic location within a Continuum of Care (CoC). Most CoCs have multiple geographic areas and therefore multiple geocodes. An updated list of all HUD geocodes is provided annually, and can be found on the HUD website.
The geocode associated with the geographic location of the principal provider program service site. Scattered-site housing provider programs should record the Geocode where the majority of beds are located or where most beds are located as of the inventory update.
This functionality helps agencies manage third party service vendors. Checking the Enable Accounts box will trigger the Account Option section to appear below the Housing Options.
Here you can select Vendor for Account Type and whether or not it is Required. Clicking Required will require the field to be completed when the user is creating the service record for the client.
Accounts can be added and managed in the Manage section under the Accounts Tab.
Select the funding source for the Service from the dropdown menu. All expense transactions will be reflected in the funding source (Manage > Funding) automatically and in real-time. If any option other than Do Not Charge is selected, the data field Charge per Attendance will appear.
Indicate the Default Amount to be charged for each occurrence of the Service.
- Individual: Default Amount will be charged per individual.
- Group: Default Amount will be charged on a group basis (for group enrollment situations).
Selecting the checkbox will allow the user to adjust the expense amount of the Service with each transaction. Not selecting the checkbox will ensure that the Default Amount is applied to each transaction. If Adjustable is selected, the Charge per Attendance data field will disappear.
Charge per Attendance
Selecting this checkbox will allow users to document expense items through the Attendance tab or through service provision. This functionality has several characteristics:
- This functionality only applies to fixed expenses. If the expense is Adjustable, then this “Charge per Attendance” feature will not appear.
- Expense Items are linked to Attendance records, so if the attendance record is deleted, so is the expense. This also works for services with multiple attendance.
- This functionality also works from the Reservation Tool. Marking someone Present will add their expense record (if it is a Fixed expense item).
- In order for this feature to be enabled correctly, Automatically Charge must NOT = Do Not Charge. NOTE: The Default Amount, Expense Type and Adjustable fields will be hidden if Automatically Charge = Do Not Charge is selected.
Selecting Add Record will complete creation of the Service Item.
Linking Outreach Services to a Program
Here you can link the service to a program by selecting the appropriate Program Usage category from the dropdown menu.
There are three options:
- Services Only- Selecting this option will designate the service as a stand-alone service, meaning that the service is not linked to a program, and will only be accessible through the client’s Service tab. The client does not have to be enrolled into a program to be issued this service.
- Services & Programs- Selecting this option will link the service to a program, but still allow the end user to issue the service even if the client is not enrolled in the program. The Service will be accessible via both the Services tab and the Provide Services tab in the Program screen.
- Programs Only- Selecting this option means that the end user will only be able to issue the service if the client is enrolled in the program. Once the client is enrolled into the Program, the Service will only be accessible under the Provide Services tab; not under the Service tab of the client record.
If Programs Only or Services & Programs are selected, check the the box next to the Program(s) the service is to be linked to.