This section provides a detailed description of managing Program Assigned Services. For an overview of the Programs tab, please refer to Programs Overview.
To create a Program Assigned Service, you must first create the Service. To learn to do this, please refer to Creating Services.
Program Assigned Services can also be created by the System Administrator through the Automated Provisioning feature in Setup > Templates > Program Templates. Here you can establish default Program Assigned Services for programs that use the same services. Click Automated Provisioning for more information.
Setting Up Program Assigned Services
Once you have created the Service, return to the Services main screen by clicking Launchpad > Manage > Services, mouseover the Service that you wish to link to a program, and select the Edit icon that appears to the left.
This will take you to the Services Detail screen. Scroll down to the Program Options section.
Select the type of Program Usage. You have three options in the dropdown menu:
- Services Only- Selecting this option will designate the service as a stand-alone service, meaning that the service is not linked to a program and will only be accessible through the client’s Service tab. The client does not have to be enrolled into a program to be issued this service.
- Services and Programs- Selecting this option will link the service to a program but still allow the end user to issue the service even if the client is not enrolled in the program. The Service will be accessible via both the Services tab and the Provide Services tab in the Program screen.
- Programs Only- Selecting this option means that the end user will only be able to issue the service if the client is enrolled in the Program. Once the client is enrolled into the Program, the Service will only be accessible under the Provide Services tab—not under the Service tab of the client record. NOTE: If the Service item is a daily attendance item, the System Administrator can configure the Service item to generate a notification when the end user is documenting attendance for a Program Assigned Service for a client who is not yet enrolled in the program. Please see the Program Enrollment Feature section below.
Services and Programs Feature
Next, select Program(s) you would like to link to the Service.
Example of Linking to a Service
It will now be accessible as a Program Service in the Programs tab.
It will be also be accessible through the Services tab.
The service will only be linked to the program if it is provided under the Programs tab, otherwise it will appear in the client history as a general service.
Program Only Feature
This feature enables the Agency Manager to apply a Programs Only setting to services that are linked to a Program and should not be available in the General Services tab.
To begin, select the Edit icon to the left of the service.
This will bring you to the Services: Detail screen. First, verify that your service is Programs Only and linked to at least one program.
If you are working with an Attendance-based service, it requires one additional step in the Service Item configuration for it to be Programs Only.
In the Service items section, either select Add Item or the Edit icon next to an existing Service Item. This will open the Service Item: Detail screen. Here you will configure your service item. For comprehensive details on creating a service item, please refer to the Creating Services page.
To configure the service item as Program Enrollment Only, follow the below steps:
- Select Daily or Multiple Attendance from the Delivery Types dropdown menu.
- Toggle the Require Program Enrollment switch.
An alert will be generated, preventing clients who are not enrolled in the program from receiving Program Assigned Services.
Setting up Program Auto Service Placement
System Administrators have the capability to configure program-based services to be automatically assigned upon program enrollment. Please refer to Program Auto Service Placements for more information.
Setting up Program Services Auto Exit
System Administrators also have the capability to configure program-based services to be automatically closed once a client is exited from the program. For more information, please refer to Programs Overview.
Your next step in creating a new Program is to establish Program Goals. Please refer to Working With Default Program Goals.