Report Purpose and Summary
This is a program and service-based report that provides details of all clients, according to PATH Reporting Specifications.
Running the Report
This report is found in the HUD Reports section of the Report Library.
Who Can Run the Report
Anyone can run the report but the returned information will be limited based on the access rights of the user.
An Administrator version of the report is also available [HUDX-224-AD]. System administrators and users with additional access can run the report across multiple agencies.
The following parameters are required to run the report.
|Program CoC(s)||Select the appropriate CoC code for your program.|
All questions in the report apply to both project types except Q9 and Q10. Q9 reports on project type Street Outreach. Q10 reports on project type Services Only.
|Based on the above parameters, this section will list the appropriate programs to choose from|
Report Date Range
|Choose the date range of enrollments to include|
Report Output Format
The PATH report is submitted to HHS as a CSV upload using the PATH Data Exchange tool. To generate the CSV, select "Zip with CSV."
Additionally, you can select Web Page, PDF, or Excel.
Additional Admin Parameters
These additional prompts are required for the Admin version of the PATH report.
- Program CoC(s) - Choose the Continuums of Care to include in the report
- Agency Status - All, Active, Inactive
- Agency (ies) - Choose which agencies to include
This report provides information for PATH grantees. This report pulls data from several locations within the client record, including the Client Profile screen, Enrollment screen, Exit screen, and Services (within the client’s program record).
- In order for this report to function properly, your PATH programs and services must be properly configured. For instructions on configuring your PATH programs and PATH services, please click here: How to Setup PATH Programs & Services.
- Please also be sure to fully review the HUD-released PATH Program HMIS Manual.
Complete, up-to-date specifications can be found here: https://www.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/HMIS-Programming-Specifications-PATH-Annual-Report.pdf
When run in Web Page format, this report contains drilldown functionality for each table.
Troubleshooting an Upload
PATH Date of Status Determination
In order to avoid problems with report validation, it is very important for PATH Date of Status Determination to be on or after the Project Start Date and before Project Exit Date. A simple report from the data analysis tool can be used to identify problem project stays.
- From Data Quality Model
- Set Reporting Period Filter to the reporting period for the PATH Annual Report
- Add a Programs filter for the PATH program
- Add the following fields to the data table:
- DQ Client Program Specific, Date PATH Status Determination Error, Dimension
- DQ Client Program Specific, Date PATH Status Determination Error, Measure
- Run the query
- Drilldown through the enrollment counts to see the Enrollment IDs with problems
PATH grantees should refer to grant instructions for user credentials, website and upload instructions. Once the upload is complete, the following are some suggestions for handling issues flagged in the upload.
- Budget Questions 1-7 - these questions are not collected in HMIS and must be completed manually by the user.
- Question 10 - at this writing, this field only applies to Services Only projects. However, the field is flagged for Street Outreach projects. To resolve, add a comment to explain. For example:
- Street Outreach project, not Services Only
For any other flags, correct data quality problems where appropriate or add a comment to explain why there is an issue with the question.