There have been a ton of new and exciting features added to Looker in the last few months. We are excited to highlight a few of them here.
- Improved Looker Links to Clarity Human Services
- Schedule to sFTP
- Community Queue in Looker
- Audit Clarity Human Services Users
- New Calculated Dimensions
- Dimension/Measure Descriptions
- Expanded Looker Features in Clarity Human Services
Jump on those data quality problems! As of March 1, 2017, you can now get directly into Clarity Human Services when you click on the (...) next to [clients.PersonalID], [enrollments.ProjectEntryId], or [Referrals.ID]. Need to quickly edit a referral, or view the enrollment screen for a client? Take advantage of this awesome new feature.
Do you have large data sets that contain secure information that you'd like to integrate into another system. Now you can schedule your Looks to sFTP. To do this, simply choose the sFTP option when scheduling a Look from the gear menu.
Would you like to look at the Community Queue in a different way by adding extra fields or sorting in a different manner? Now you can use the Coordinated Entry Model and filter on [Referrals.Currently on Queue] to recreate the Community Queue in Looker. Want to do better CES analysis? Use the new date measures for:
- Denied Date
- Added to Queue Date
- Referral Date
- In Process Date
- Reassigned Date
Take advantage of the user audit features in the Project Descriptor Model to see if your users are logging into the system.
Over the past couple of weeks a few new calculated dimensions and measures have been added to make Look development even easier for you:
First and Last Dates
These measures will give you the latest (or earliest) dates for Assessments, Enrollments, and Services:
- Client Assessments: [First Assessment Date] and [Last Assessment Date]
- Enrollments: [Last Entry] and [Last Exit]
- Services: [First Start Date] and [Last Start Date]
The Latest and Greatest
Use these dimensions to quickly filter to only the most recent information:
- Client Assessments: [Is Latest Assessment]
- Enrollments: [Is Latest Enrollment]
Ever wondered what a dimension or measure was about in Looker? Well, now you have answers. Many dimensions and measures now include a brief description to help clear the fog. Simply click on the ℹ next to a dimension name:
Over the coming weeks, more dimensions will have descriptions. Stay tuned.
Looker has now been better integrated into Clarity Human Services.
- Users can create Looks and save them in a shared agency space.
- Users must have Access Rights to Analysis in order to access these features. This can be managed by clicking on the Launch Pad icon > Setup > Access Roles.
To access the Explore and Data Analysis tabs, click on Launch Pad > Reports.
(Note: Due to the complexities of the model, Coordinated Entry Model is not available to explore through the Clarity Human Services interface.)
System Administrators and Looker developers can deploy saved Looks for end users to access through Clarity Human Services.
A NOTE FOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS AND LOOKER DEVELOPERS
A few things to note about managing this for your community:
- When you access Looker through Clarity Human Services, you are using a different Looker license. If you go back and forth between Clarity Human Services and Looker, you will notice problems running Looks in Looker.
- Simply log out and then log back into Looker to restore access. If on a trusted machine, you can save the credentials to make this less frustrating.
- If there is a problem in Clarity Human Services, simply move out of the Report area and then move back in.
- Share the Look to your community’s Looker [Shared Space]. The Looks can even be shared into sub-spaces you may create. These separate spaces/folders be represented in the Clarity Human Services interface.
***IMPORTANT, DO NOT change the name of the [Shared Space]***
From Clarity Human Services:
- Go to Launch Pad > Setup > Data Analysis > Edit > [Clarity Human Services System Name]. You’ll see the complete listing of reports in the Looker Shared Space.
- If the Look was just created, go to Launch Pad > Settings > Clear Cache. Doing this will update Clarity Human Services with the latest reports from Looker. Each morning, Clarity Human Services will refresh with the latest Looks.
- Choose the reports to include. Save Changes.
- Users will only be able to access data for Agencies they have access to through their Clarity Human Services credentials.
3. To manage the Looks that display in the [Agency Name] folder:
From Clarity Human Services:
- Go to Launch Pad > Setup > Data Analysis > [Agency Name] folder.
- Disable any reports that you no longer want to make accessible to users through Clarity Human Services.
- As users save Looks through Clarity Human Services, the saved Look will automatically be enabled.
This is a first revision of this new feature. Stay tuned for future improvements. Also stay tuned for Bitfocus-developed Looks and Dashboards that will be built into Clarity Human Services.