Please note that there will be an update this week within the Clarity Human Services Enrollment, Status, and Exit screens regarding the HUD HMIS Data Standards Element 4.17 Residential Move-In Date.
This update will appear for the standard system screens associated with rapid re-housing projects. The field In Permanent Housing will be removed, with only the Date of Move-In field appearing on the screens. Additionally, the Date of Move-In field will be renamed "Residential Move-In Date".
This update is occurring because the field In Permanent Housing is no longer required by HUD. In the past, this field was required to be answered for the Date of Move-In field to appear. As In Permanent Housing is no longer a HUD HMIS Data Standards required field, it will be removed with only Residential Move-In Date appearing for more efficient data entry. Residential Move-In Date will be a "soft required" field on the Clarity Human Services screens, and should be completed when a client moves into permanent housing.
System administrators will need to resave and republish their system screens in order for these changes to go into effect.
For those who utilize these fields within custom screens, please follow these steps to update your custom screens:
- Divide the row containing the In Permanent Housing and Residential Move-In Date fields.
- Remove the In Permanent Housing field from the custom screen.
- Within the Residential Move-In Date field, please add the constraint Program Type equals "PH-Rapid Rehousing"; and remove the constraint In Permanent Housing equals "Yes". Save the constraint changes.
- Change the Data Quality Check setting on the Residential Move-In Date field to “Soft Required”.
- For custom screens that don't already have a space with the constraint Program Type equals “PH-Rapid Rehousing” above the Residential Move-In Date field:
- Add a space just above the Residential Move-In Date field.
- Add the constraint Program Type equals “PH-Rapid Rehousing” to the space.
- Add a label between the space and Residential Move-In Date field that reads: “Complete Residential Move-In Date when the client moves into a permanent housing unit.” Add the constraint Program Type equals “PH-Rapid Rehousing” to the label.
- Save and publish the screen.