Standalone vs Embedded Looker
In order to provide a cost effective alternative to a standalone Looker license, Bitfocus offers a Clarity Human Services embedded version that can be made available to more users at a reduced cost. The following is a summary of what is available with both types of licenses.
Accessing Embedded Looker
To access "Embedded Looker" you must have Data Analysis enabled in your access role. See Rights Glossary for Access Roles for information about the different Data Analysis rights.
To access "Embedded Looker," click the Launchpad and navigate to Reports > Explore.
Next, choose a Data Model.
Search and select the fields you want to include in the Look from the left column. When a field is selected it will be highlighted in the left column and appear in the Data section of the screen.
Filters can be added to refine data sets by clicking Filter next to the field and selecting the appropriate filter in the Filters section. Pivoting fields by selecting the Pivot button next to the field can be useful to make data easier to understand.
When the Look is complete, click Save Look.
Moving Between Embedded and Standalone Looker
When you access Looker through Clarity Human Services, you are using a different Looker license. If you go back and forth between Clarity Human Services and Looker, you will notice problems running Looks in Looker.
- Log out and then log back into Looker to restore access.
- If there is a problem in Clarity Human Services, navigate away from the Report area and then navigate back in to restore functionality.
Sharing Looks in Embedded Looker
To include a Look or dashboard in a community/system-wide folder:
In "Standalone Looker":
- Share the Look to your community's Looker Shared Space. Looks can also be shared in agency spaces. (The agency spaces are identified by the Project ID number).
Important: Do not change the name of the Shared Space.
In "Embedded Looker":
- Click the Launchpad and navigate to Setup > Settings > Data Analysis > Clarity Human Services System Name. You'll see the complete listing of reports in the Looker Shared Space.
- Choose the reports to include. Click Save Changes.
- Note: users will only be able to access data for agencies they have access to.
Note: If a Look was just created, click the Launchpad and navigate to Setup > Settings > Data Analysis > Refresh Data Analysis. Doing this will update Clarity Human Services with the latest reports from Looker. Each morning, Clarity Human Services will refresh with the latest Looks.
To manage the Looks that display in the agency folder:
In "Embedded Looker":
- Click the Launchpad and navigate to Setup > Settings > Data Analysis > [Agency Name] folder.
- Disable any reports you no longer want to make accessible to users through Clarity Human Services.
- Note: as users save Looks through Clarity Human Services, the saved Look will automatically be enabled.
Hyperlinks in Embedded Dashboards
Dashboards may include hyperlinks to other dashboards. To make this work:
- Save dashboards to link to the embedded folder, as shown above
- From Clarity, run the dashboard to link and copy the URL
- Use the Clarity embedded dashboard URL for the link in the main dashboard