This section discusses using Looker within Clarity Human Services.
Custom reporting using Looker is at your fingertips in Clarity Human Services:
- Users must have Access Rights to Aggregate Data Analysis in order to access these features. This can be managed by clicking on Launch Pad > Setup > Access Roles.
- From Launch Pad > Reports > Explore users can chose a model and create Looks and save them in a shared agency space.
Note: Due to the complexities of the model, the Coordinated Entry Model is not available to explore through the Clarity Human Services interface.
Search and select the fields you want to measure in the left column. When a field is selected it will be highlighted in the left column and appear in the Data section of the screen.
Filters can be added to refine data sets by clicking Filter next to the field and selecting the appropriate filter in the Filters section. Pivoting fields by selecting the Pivot button next to the field can be useful to make a data easier to understand.
When the Look is complete, select Save Look. System Administrators and Looker developers can deploy saved Looks for end users to access through Clarity Human Services.
System Administrators And Looker Developers
Moving from Clarity Human Services Data Analysis to Looker Standalone
When you access Looker through Clarity Human Services, you are using a different Looker license. If you go back and forth between Clarity Human Services and Looker, you will notice problems running Looks in Looker.
- Simply log out and then log back into Looker to restore access.
- If there is a problem in Clarity Human Services, simply move out of the Report area and then move back in to restore functionality.
Including Looks in Clarity Human Services Data Analysis
To include Looks in the community/system-wide folder:
- Share the Look to your community's Looker Shared Space. The Looks can even be shared into sub-spaces you may create. These separate spaces/folders will be represented in the Clarity Human Services interface.
Important: Do not change the name of the [Shared Space].
From Clarity Human Services:
- Go to Launch Pad > Setup > Settings > Data Analysis > Clarity Human Services System Name. You'll see the complete listing of reports in the Looker Shared Space.
Note: If the Look was just created, go to Launch Pad > Setup > Settings > Data Analysis > Refresh Data Analysis. Doing this will update Clarity Human Services with the latest reports from Looker. Each morning, Clarity Human Services will refresh with the latest Looks.
- Choose the reports to include. Save Changes.
- Users will only be able to access the data for Agencies they have access to through their Clarity Human Services credentials.
To manage the Looks that display in the Agency Name folder:
From Clarity Human Services:
- Go to Launch Pad > Setup > Settings > Data Analysis > [Agency Name] folder.
- Disable any reports that you no longer want to make accessible to users through Clarity Human Services.
- As users save Looks through Clarity Human Services, the saved Look will automatically be enabled. Periodically, this may need some attention to clean up the available reports.