Several levels of security are in place to ensure the information contained within Clarity Human Services is secure.
Password requirements and restrictions are an important part of this system of security. The objective in creating a password is to make the password strong or it will not save to the Clarity Human Services system.
A number of requirements and restrictions are in place to ensure that your password meets a minimum level of complexity.
- Password must be 8 characters or longer
- Password must contain at least one uppercase character (A through Z)
- Password must contain at least one lowercase characters (a through z)
- Password must contain at least one number (0 through 9)
- Password must contain at least one non-alphanumeric character (!@#$()%^&*)
- Password must not contain spaces
In addition to the requirements above, Clarity Human Services has additional restrictions in place to ensure passwords cannot be easily guessed and are unique through time.
- Password cannot be the same as the three prior passwords used for the login account
- Password cannot contain the name of your Clarity Human Services instance
- Password cannot contain the word 'clarity'
- Password cannot contain your First Name, Last Name, or Username
- Password cannot contain 'ABC' or '123'
- Password cannot contain more than two consecutive characters
Changing Your Password
Initial Login Force Password Change
Upon creation of your Clarity Human Services account, your system administrator has the ability to choose your initial password. They also have the ability to force a password change when logging in for the first time.
Changing Your Own Password
You have the ability to change your own password when logged in. To do this, click on your user image or initials in the upper right corner of the Clarity Human Services interface and select Account Settings.
When the My Info area appears, note the Password and Confirm Password fields that can be utilized to make a password change.
Be sure to click Save Changes to ensure the change is in place.
Forgot Password Feature
In the event that you forget your password, a reset can be prompted by clicking the Forgot Password? link on the login screen. You will then be prompted to enter the email address associated with your account.
Note: this functionality must be enabled by a system administrator. If the Forgot Password link does not display, this mean it is not enabled for your site and you must contact an administrator to reset your password.
Check the reCapcha box and click Reset Password to receive a Reset Password email. This email will contain a link that will take you to a page in Clarity Human Services allowing you to reset your password.
Force Password Change
Clarity Human Services can be configured to force a password reset after a specified time interval. Your system administrator can configure the enforcement of this password reset requirement as well as determine the time interval as a set number of days.
When you receive a new password during account creation, reset your password on your own, or reset your password using the Forgot Password feature, the time interval restarts.
Once the time interval has been met, the system will prompt a password reset during the next login attempt.
Additional Login Authentication
In addition to encouraging complex passwords that are required to be updated on a regular basis, we also highly recommend that all users implement Two-Factor Authentication.
For more information on Two-Factor Authentication, please review the associated article here.