This section discusses the structure and basic functionality of the Community Queue. We developed the Clarity Human Services Community Queue around an Assessment Tool that prioritizes the provision of assistance for clients in most need.
Completing an Assessment and Referring to the Community Queue
To refer a client based on an Assessment score, go to the Assessments tab, either from the client record level or within an enrollment, and click START next to the appropriate Assessment.
|Note: If your Agency guidelines require the Assessment date to match the Referral date, it's important that the Assessment is completed and directly referred to the Community Queue.|
Referring to the Community Queue
After completing the Assessment, click on REFER DIRECTLY TO COMMUNITY QUEUE.
|Note: An often missed and critical component of moving a client to the Community Queue is that you must click on REFER DIRECTLY TO COMMUNITY QUEUE. You may have to scroll down the page past Eligible and Ineligible Programs to find the button. To return to the Program Eligibility Determination screen, click the Assessments tab at the top of the screen, then click Eligibility on the assessment you had just completed.|
On the next screen, review the Referral information and click SAVE CHANGES. Now the Referral has been made.
|Note: Any Assessments entered but not sent directly to the Community Queue on the date of Assessment creation will not be visible for consideration for Referral.|
Using the Community Queue
In the section, we describe how to search for a client. We also look at the impact that Active Agency and Eligibility will have on your search results.
Searching The Community Queue For Clients
The Community Queue is equipped with multiple filters giving you full control over the information searched for. The unified search box allows for the following different types of criteria to be entered, either on their own or in combination with other terms:
- Search: Client Name, UI, SSN
- Mode: Assessment Type (e.g., VI-SPDAT Prescreen for Families [V1])
- Active Agency: If you have Matchmaker functionality, then your Community Queue will include an Active Agency drop-down that allows you to search for eligible clients within the specified Agency
- Sort By: Allows you to sort results by Client Name, Date of Referral, and Referring Agency
- Eligible Clients Only:
- If this is toggled on, clients that are eligible for Programs within the Active Agency will appear.
- If this is toggled off, all clients within the Community Queue will appear.
Select the appropriate parameters, then click Search.
|Note: Filtering the information is an important step. Clicking on Search without assigning filters could result in a VERY long list.|
Viewing the Referral in the Community Queue
To view the referral in the Community Queue, click on Search, select the Referrals tab, then select the Community Queue.
Managing Referrals on the Queue: Matchmakers
In the Managing Referrals sections, we discuss how to edit a Referral, assign a Referral, remove a Referral, and work with a pending Referral.
To manage a Referral in the Community Queue, click on the Edit icon to the left of the client's name. The following additional parameters for the Community Queue will be available.
This section highlights how Agency staff can review referred information in the Community Queue.
- Click on the score shown for an Assessment to drill down and review the Assessment.
Click CHECK-IN to indicate client activity in the referral. Clients who are not checked in within a prescribed number of days (set by a System Administrator) will be removed from the Community Queue. (Additional ways to restart the countdown clock are available, including Program Enrollment or enrolling in a Service.)
- Toggle Private on if you want only the referred-to Agency to see the referral. A lock icon will be displayed for referrals that are marked as private.
|Note: Please make sure you're aware of your community's practices around the use of this and other privacy checkboxes within Clarity Human Services. Checking this box will limit the ability of certain users to see this referral, which may hide this referral on the Community Queue.|
Re-assigning is a way for Matchmakers to refer a client to a Program based on Assessment score or other criteria laid out by your Community.
The Program field is where a referral is made from the Community Queue. Agency staff will Re-Assign the client to a Program.
In the case where a client has been referred to a Community Queue and then re-assigned to a Program, if you attempt to make a Referral to the same Community Queue where that client already has a “pending” or “pending - in process” referral, you will see a pop-up message asking you to confirm that you want to create this additional Referral.
Inactive Referral Threshold
System Administrators establish, with the Inactive Referral Threshold setting in Referral Settings, how long a referral can stay in a Community Queue with no activity before expiring. Once a referral reaches the threshold, the system will automatically update its Status to “Expired.”
Remove From the Queue
There may be a time when it's appropriate to remove a client from the Community Queue. The client may have found housing or no longer needs Community Queue support. From the Community Queue tab, click the Edit icon next to a Client's name and scroll down to the REMOVE FROM QUEUE section shown below.
- Reason for Removal: Select the reason for removing from the Community Queue. (Some selections will generate additional fields that you must complete before clicking SAVE CHANGES.)
- Queue Removal Date: The default date will be set to today's date. To change to a date in the past or future, click on the Calendar icon.
When a Staff Member posts a new Program opening in the Referrals > Availability section, a notification is sent to applicable Staff Members in the CoC (or Staff Members with Sharing access to the CoC). This includes:
- Staff with Referral Matchmaker access rights.
- Staff set as the Program-level contact for a Program with the type “Coordinated Entry.”
Staff Members will receive the following notification to their Clarity Inbox and the email address on file:
- NOTES: Historical and current Notes
- Deleting: To delete a historical Note, click the trash can next to the Note.
- Body: Enter information regarding a current Referral in the Community Queue here.
- SEND NOTE: Click this to save the Note for review by Agency staff.