This section discusses the structure and basic functionality of the Community Queue. This section is divided into the following sections:
- Completing an Assessment and Referring to the Community Queue
- Using the Community Queue
- Managing Referrals on the Queue - Matchmakers
- Managing Referrals on the Queue - Agencies
Clarity Human Services Community Queue was developed around the utilization of an Assessment Tool to prioritize providing assistance for clients in most need.
Completing an Assessment and Referring to the Community Queue
To refer a client based on an Assessment score, go to the Assessments tab in the client record and click Start next to the appropriate Assessment.
Note: If your Agency guidelines require the Assessment date to match the Referral date it's important that the Assessment is completed and directly referred to the Community Queue.
Referring to the Community Queue
After completion of the Assessment click on Refer Directly to the Community Queue.
Note: An often missed and critical component to moving the Client to the Community Queue, Agency staff must click on Refer Directly to the Community Queue. You may have to scroll down the page past eligible and ineligible programs to find the button. To return to the Program Eligibility Determination screen, click the Assessments tab at the top of the screen, then click Eligibility on the assessment you had just completed.
On the next screen, review the Referral information and click Save Changes. Now the Referral has been made.
Note: Any Assessments entered, but not sent to directly to the Community Queue on the date of Assessment creation will not be visible for consideration for Referral.
Using the Community Queue
In the Section below we will describe the functionality of searching for a client as well as how Active Agency and Eligibility impact your search results.
Searching The Community Queue For Clients
The Community Queue is equipped with multiple filters giving you full control over the information searched for. The unified search box allows for the following different types of criteria to be entered, either on its own, or a combination with other terms. Reference the terms below:
Select search parameters and click Search
- Search - Client Name, UI, SSN
- Mode - Assessment Type (e.g VI-SPDAT Prescreen for Families [V1])
- Active Agency - If you have Matchmaker functionality, then your Community Queue will include an Active Agency drop down allowing you to search for eligible clients within the specified Agency
- Sort By - Allows you to sort results by Client Name, Date of Referral and Referring Agency
- Eligible Clients Only - Toggle On Clients that are eligible for Programs within the Active Agency will appear
- Eligible Clients Only - Toggle Off All Clients within the Community Queue will appear
Note: Filtering the information is an important step, clicking on Search without filters assigned could result in a VERY long list.
Viewing the Referral in the Community Queue
To view the referral in the Community Queue, click on Search, select the Referrals tab, then select the Community Queue.
Managing Referrals on the Queue - Matchmakers
In the Managing Referrals sections, we will talk about ways to Edit a Referral, Assign a Referral, Remove a Referral and work with a Pending Referral.
To manage a Referral in the Community Queue click on the Editto the left of the Client's name. After clicking on edit, the following additional parameters in relation to the Community Queue will be available.
This section highlights and allows Agency staff to review referred information in the Community Queue.
- Assessment Score - By clicking on the Assessment Score you can drill down and review the Assessment
- Check-in - A client will be removed from the Community Queue after a prescribed number of days unless they are checked in (The prescribed days is set by your System Administrators). To do this click Check In (There are additional ways to restart the countdown clock including Program Enrollment or enrolling in a Service)
- Private -Select Private if you wish only the referred to agency to be able to see the referral. All referrals marked as private will have a lock icon.
Note: Please make sure you're aware of your community's practices around using this and other privacy check boxes within Clarity Human Services. Checking this box will limit the ability of certain users to see this referral, which may hide this referral on the Community Queue.
Re-assigning is a way for Matchmakers to refer a client to a program based on Assessment score or other criteria laid out by your Community.
Program - This is where a referral is made from the Community Queue, Agency staff will Re-Assign the Client to a Program.
Managing Referrals on the Queue - Agencies
Once the Client is Re-Assigned to a Program the Clients referral will move to the Pending referrals tab.
This is where the Client will be Assigned a Case Manager and Agency staff will change the Status of the Referral to Pending, Pending in Process, Denied or Expired. More information about the pending tab is below:
- Case Manager - This will assign the client to a Users Caseload
- Status - see table below:
|Pending||This is the default status of the client referral from the Community Queue. Pending status will keep the Clients referral in your pending tab for a specific amount of time(This time is managed by the System Administrator)|
|Pending Process||This is an accepted referral, the client is waiting to be enrolled by Agency staff into a program|
|Denied||Denied applications don't fit the parameters of your Program (When the Client is denied you will have the option to Send to the Community Queue Yes/No)|
|Expired||The referral expired based on the referral settings set by the System Administrator|
Note: If no action is taken on a referral the referral will expire and move to the Denied tab where the Client can be reactivated at any time.
Remove From the Queue
There may be a time when it's appropriate to remove a client from the Community Queue. The client may have found housing or no longer needs Community Queue support. From the Community Queue tab, click the Edit icon next to a Client's name and scroll down to the Remove from Queue section shown below.
- Reason for Removal - Select reason for removing from the Community Queue (Some selections will generate additional fields that are required to complete before saving)
- Queue Removal Date - The default date will be set to today. To change to a date in the past or future click on the Calendar icon.
When Staff post a new Program opening in the Referrals > Availability section, a notification will be sent out to applicable Staff Members in the CoC (or who have Sharing access to the CoC). This includes:
- Staff with Referral Matchmaker Access rights
- Staff set as the Program-level contact for a Program with the type “Coordinated Entry”
Staff Members will receive the following notification to their Clarity Inbox and the email address on file:
Notes are a real-time way to add any information about the Client for the Agency staff. Notes could reference any roadblocks the client is experiencing. Adding details about the Client's situation is helpful to all involved, whether it be from a historical view or a real-time need for additional information.
Every community uses the Notes section differently, so make sure you're aware of what information should and shouldn't be shared in this section.
- Notes - Historical and current Notes
- Deleting - To Delete a Note click on the Trash Can to the right of the historical note
- Body - The body of the Notes section is where information is entered in regarding current a Referral in the Community Queue
- Send Note - Saves the note for review by Agency staff
The Referrals tab has 6 tabs some information about each tab is below:
|Pending||Shows all referrals sent to your agency that are currently pending|
|Community Queue||Shows all pending referrals within the system across all agencies|
|Shows all referrals accepted by the agency for which the client was specifically referred to.|
|Denied||Shows all referrals denied by your agency|
|Sent||Shows all referrals sent by your agency to both outside agencies and to programs within your own agency. These referrals are either pending, completed, or denied depending on the option chosen in the Status dropdown menu.|
|Availability||Shows the availability of programs accepting new referrals within an agency.|
Making General Referrals
Clients can be referred outside of a coordinated assessment through the Referrals Tab. These referrals do not rely on a score and are not part of the Community Queue. For more information on creating a general referral, please visit the How do I create a general referral? article.
If you still need additional information about Referrals please visit:
- How do I create a general Referral?
- Working with the Referrals tab: Overview
- Working with the Referrals tab: Details