- New COVID-19 Vaccine Assessment to align with HUD’s “Data Collection Options for COVID-19 Vaccines” guidance; and
- Updated COVID-19 screening assessment that expands the original COVID-19 Screening Tool to align with the most recent CDC guidance.
COVID-19 Screening Assessment Update
To continue to align with CDC guidance, we’ve added a new assessment to Clarity Human Services called, COVID-19 Screening Tool (v2-2021). This assessment expands on the original COVID-19 Screening Tool in Clarity in the following ways:
The health conditions on the COVID-19 Screening Tool (v2-2021) are now split into two sections:
- Health conditions that are “HIGH RISK,” for an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19
- Health conditions that are “POTENTIAL RISK” for an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
New fields include:
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Overweight (BMI > 25 kg/m2, but < 30 kg/m2)
- Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Removed fields include:
- Immunocompromised (including cancer treatment)
- Chronic lung disease or moderate to severe Asthma
Updated Fields include:
- Chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis > Chronic kidney disease
- Serious Heart Condition > Serious heart conditions
- Severe Obesity (BMI >40%) > Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- High Blood Pressure > Hypertension or high blood pressure
- System administrators who DO NOT wish to use the new COVID-19 Screening Tool (v2-2021) do not need to do anything.
- System administrators who wish to use the new COVID-19 Screening Tool (v2-2021) must enable it first for the appropriate agencies and second for the appropriate programs (if applicable).
- Relevant staff should also review filters and questions included in any custom Looks related to the COVID-19 Screening Tool.
The COVID-19 Screening Tool (v2-2021) can be found in the Assessment screens section of Clarity. Locate this section by starting at the Launcher menu and then navigating to Setup > Screens > Assessment Screens.
New COVID Vaccine Assessment
A new COVID-19 Vaccine Assessment is currently enabled as a system screen in Clarity. This assessment aligns with HUD’s “Data Collection Options for COVID-19 Vaccines” guidance. The assessment includes:
- Are you willing to take the COVID-19 vaccine?
- What is the key concern?
- ‘Other’ reason not willing to take the COVID-19 vaccine
- What would you need to feel safe taking the vaccine?
- Have you gotten the first shot/dose?
- Vaccination Status
- Dose 1—Date Scheduled
- Dose 1—Date Administered
- Dose 1—Location Administered
- COVID-19 Immunization Information System (IIS) recipient ID
- COVID-19 vaccine manufacturer (MVX)
- Second Dose Required?
- Dose 2—Date Scheduled
- Dose 2—Date Administered
- Dose 2—Location Administered
- System administrators who wish to use the new COVID Vaccine Assessment must enable it first for the appropriate agencies and second for the appropriate programs (if applicable).