Adding a New Unit
To add a new Unit, navigate to Sites > Housing Inventory, then click on the Edit icon next to the appropriate Site. Under Site Resources, select Buildings & Units, then click on the Edit icon next to the appropriate Building. Under Building Resources, select Units & Beds, then click on ADD NEW UNIT.
Clicking on ADD NEW UNIT will open a new window for completion.
- Unit Name: Enter the Unit Name here.
- Status: Active, Inactive, or Offline (More information about Offline below).
- Active: The Unit is active and ready for use.
- Inactive: The Unit is no longer active and is not expected to be active again in the future. However, because the user needs to retain historical information, the Unit will not be deleted.
- Description: Enter a detailed description of the Unit here.
- Unit Configuration: This allows for assigning a pre-configured Unit Configuration Type. If Create New Unit Configuration Type is selected, this allows the creation of a new Unit Configuration Type. For more about Unit Configuration Types, please visit our Unit Configuration Types article.
|Note: The selected Unit Configuration Type is assigned as the Current Configuration. More information about this is included in this document.|
- Eligibility: This is similar to other Eligibility functionality within Inventory. For more information, please visit our Inventory and Eligibility article.
- Custom Fields: System Administrators can add Custom Fields they deem essential for collection. For more information about Custom Fields, please visit our Inventory and Eligibility article.
If Status = Offline, additional fields appear for completion. Use Offline if the Unit is temporarily unavailable (due to maintenance or another specific reason) but is expected to be online again at some point in the future.
- Offline Reason: In this text box, include the reason the Unit is offline. Keep this short; you can add additional detail in the offline Description box.
- Description: Here, include all the details needed to describe why the Unit is Offline.
- Offline Start Date: Automatically defaults to the current date.
- Offline End Date: Include the date the Unit will be available again.
Post Completion/Editing Units
To edit a Unit, click on the edit icon next to the Unit Name.
|Note: Once you create the Unit, the Unit Configuration Select is no longer available.|
Once complete, a Unit will show all Unit Configuration Types under the UNIT CONFIGURATIONS title bar. You can find more information about Unit Configuration below:
|Important Considerations During Setup|
|The first Unit Configuration Type added to a Unit will land in the Current Configurations section with an “As of” date as the date created.|
|Only one Unit Configuration Type can be in Current Configurations at a time.|
|The “As of” date within Upcoming Configurations determines what Unit Configuration Type will replace the Unit Configuration Type within Current Configurations.|
- Current Configurations: The Unit Configuration Type in use.
- Upcoming Configurations: Unit Configuration Types that are expected to replace Current Configurations shortly.
- Available Configurations: Unit Configuration Types that are neither Upcoming Configurations nor Unavailable Configurations. How you use this is up to you and your community.
- Unavailable Configurations: All Unit Configuration Types created within a building will default to this value and remain here until you move them to Available Configurations or Upcoming Configurations.
|Note: When the “As of” date of an upcoming unit configuration matches the current date, the record will move from Upcoming Configurations to Current Configurations. Please keep in mind the system will update early in the morning of the “As of” date.|
Once a Unit is added to Upcoming, Available, or Unavailable, you can move Unit Configuration Types as needed. To move a Unit Configuration Type, hover over a Unit Configuration Type and drag and drop to the desired block.
|Note: Unit Configuration Types cannot be dragged and dropped directly into or out of the Current Configurations block. All Unit Configuration Types moved to Upcoming Configurations are moved automatically based on the “As of” date.|
Modify Unit — Add a Photo
Modify Unit — Programs & Projects
*Adding a Program isn’t available at the Units level.
|*The Unit is automatically assigned whichever Program is assigned to the Unit Configuration Type (or whichever Program the Unit Configuration Type inherited from the parent level(s).|
Modify Unit — Funding
Funding is broken down uniquely within the Modify Unit page. Four levels are represented below:
- Unit Funding: Here, you can assign a funding source to a Unit.
- Building Funding: This shows all funding sources set at the Building level.
- Site Funding: This shows all funding sources set at the Site level.
- Current Unit Configuration Type Funding: This shows all funding sources set at the Current Unit Configuration Type.
Modify Unit — Funding Warnings
You will receive a warning if adding a Funding Source at the Building, Unit, or Unit Configuration Type level if the parent level has the same funding source assigned.
Modify Unit — Audit Log
To the right of the Save Changes, you can find an Audit Log and associated changes made to the Unit.