This model provides easy-to-use calculations of data quality performance for all HMIS data elements. Like the HMIS Performance Model, the Data Quality Model is based on project enrollments. For convenience, some of the dimensions from HMIS Performance are included in this model and mirror the structure of HMIS Performance.
Dimensions and Measures
For most of the DQ HMIS Data Elements dimensions, the error looks for enrollments where the data element has a value of:
- None - No error found
- Client doesn't know
- Client refused
- Data Not Collected
If a dimension looks for other problems, that approach will be described below.
The Measures in each section include counts of each element and some groups of elements.
Agencies - This section contains basic information about the Agency.
Client Services - This section has program service information connected to a client, the record of services received by the client.
Clients - Static demographic fields such as Name, Date of Birth, Social Security Number, Veteran Information, etc.
DQ Annual Assessments
This section can be used for checking the timeliness of Annual Assessments. Fields include:
- Annual Assessment Date - Date the Annual Assessment was completed.
- Annual Assessment Status - summarizes the status of annual assessments:
- Completed out of range
- Due in 30-60 days
- Past Due
- Annual Assessment w/i 30 Days of Anniversary - calculates whether the Annual Assessment was within 30 days of the anniversary date.
- Head of Household Project Start Date - For all Federal reporting, the Annual Assessment due date is the anniversary of the HoH's project start date.
- Targeted Annual Assessment - The date, based on the HoH project start date, when the Annual Assessment was or will be due.
DQ Client Program Specific
This section includes dimensions from the HMIS Data Elements 4.2 - 4.18 and the Federal Partner data elements. Each dimension takes into account the requirements of the funder. For example, "Connection with SOAR Error" will only report on enrollments where the Federal Partner Funding source is PATH or SSVF.
- Common Elements (4.2 - 4.18)
- Income and Benefits - Also reports discrepancies between Income Source and Income Amount
- Domestic Violence -Also reports discrepancies between the DV element questions
- Date of Engagement - Engagement Date before Program Start or after Program End Date
- Housing Assessment Disposition
- Federal Partner Elements
Includes error elements from each of the Federal Partners
- SSVF and VA
- Veteran Information Errors
DQ Client UDE
- Universal Data Element Errors - Elements 3.1 - 3.917
- Approximate Date Homelessness Started - Also reports discrepancy with Length of Stay at Prior Place
DQ Project Descriptor
- Elements 2.1 - 2.8
This sections includes data elements that are captured by services:
- HOPWA Financial Assistance and Services Provided
- HUD-VASH Voucher Tracking
- PATH Referrals and Services
- RHY Service Connections
- SSVF Financial Assistance and Services
- Service Date Error - reports services provided before Program Start Date
DQ Sys Admin
This section provides dimensions that analyze information system-wide
- Deceased and active - Reports on clients that were reported as deceased by one enrollment yet remain action in another enrollment
- Overlapping Residential Enrollments - Reports on enrollments where a client is enrolled in two or more residential projects at the same time
Enrollments - Includes basic enrollment dimensions