Bitfocus has created the Client Model to allow for analysis across the various ways clients may come in contact with the Continuum of Care system.
- Clients where only an initial intake (profile screen) was done
- Assessments like the VI-SPDAT
The model is designed to give insight into:
- Non-HMIS analysis
- For those communities that utilize Clarity Human Services for purposes other than HMIS
- Call Centers (211)
- Needs Assessment
- Diversion Programs
- Unmet Needs
The model includes the following:
- All, undeleted, clients in a Clarity Instance
- A streamlined version of the fields from the HMIS Performance Model
- All deleted data for the client:
- Custom Fields - This folder will contain any custom dimensions you may create for the Look.
- Agencies - Includes dimensions about the Agency.
- Client Addresses - Brings information entered from the Location tab in the client's Clarity record.
- Client Assessments (and Custom) - Includes fields from standalone assessments like the VI-SPDAT. The custom folder includes any custom fields used on assessments and published to Data Analysis.
- Presumed Chronic - This calculation evaluates if a client might be considered chronically homeless. This is not an official HUD designation.
- Client Last Interaction - See What's New below.
- Client Notes - Includes notes that are both connected to a program enrollment and are standalone.
- Clients - Fields are from the Profile screen. Custom Profile fields are included in this section.
- Enrollments - This section includes dimensions related to the enrollment:
- Project Start & End Dates
- Household Configuration
- Average Days in Project
- Latest Move-in Date
- Days from Project Start to Move-in
- Goals - Fields from the Goals screen.
- Program Folders - See HMIS Performance Model for more details
- Release of Information - Information regarding the date and documentation of the client's Release of Information
- Service Folders - See HMIS Performance Model
The fields/sections described below are unique to the Client Model.
Client Last Interaction section
This section explores the last time a client interacted with the Continuum of Care system. Fields are:
- Interaction Date - Returns the date of the last interaction
- Interaction Type
- Standalone assessment
- Annual/Status/Follow-up assessment
- Client Note
- Program - Any update to a program enrollment
- Profile Update - Any update to the profile screen
- Referral - Coordinated Entry system interaction
- Release of Information - Any update or new Release of Information
- New Client - If client was created less than two hours ago, "New Client" will be displayed and the information will be updated within two hours
Last Exit Destination (Enrollments)
This field will return the latest destination recorded for a client exiting from a program. This is useful for programs with multiple enrollments for a client.
As a starting point to exploring the Client Model, below are links to articles about creating Looks using the model.
Reminder: The client model includes deleted data. (enrollments, assessments, services, etc.) If needed, remember to filter out deleted items.