As common problems and the solutions for the LSA are identified, these will be included in this article.
2020 Status Update
For information about the non-availability of the 2018 version, please refer to LSA 2018 Report Availability
The reporting team is continuing to work with our partners at HUD and the other HMIS vendors to develop LSA for this reporting year. There have been significant changes since last year, although the end result should be easier reporting for communities.
HDX is still not available for vendor testing. As of yesterday, the target is 7/6/2020. After that, vendors will have 4 weeks to test their LSA exports and correct problems or notify HUD of issues with HDX.
Tentative Reporting Date
TENTATIVELY, the LSA export should be ready for uploading to HDX starting 8/6/2020. There are a lot of moving parts that may result in delays, but as of now, this is what we know.
Meanwhile, please review 2020 LSA Preparation Actions for steps that can be taken before the export report is available.
2020 LSA Preparation Actions
RRH Bed Inventories
For the LSA, the export does not use a PIT count. It is an average over the entire reporting period.
All RRH Bed Inventories should be updated to show average bed availability during the 2018-2019 reporting period.
Refer to Recording and Reporting Bed and Unit Inventory for Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) Projects for more information on this requirement.
For the LSA, all enrollments MUST have the same HoH from Project Start to Project Exit. To identify the problem enrollments, create the following Look.
- HMIS Performance Model
- Dimensions and Measures to include:
- Enrollments, Household ID
- Clients, Number of Clients
- Reporting Period: is in range: 2018-10-01 until (before) 2019-10-01
- Entry Screen, Head of Household (Yes/No) is Yes
- Programs, Project Type Code is equal to:
- Emergency Shelter
- PH - Housing Only
- PH - Housing with Services
- PH - Permanent Supportive Housing
- PH - Rapid Re-Housing
- Safe Haven
- Transitional Housing
- Run the report
The report should be sorted in descending order by Number of Clients. Any Household ID with more than 1 HoH should be corrected.
To do this, one by one,
- Filter on the Household ID
- Add in Enrollment ID, run
- Using the link go to the Enrollment in Clarity
- Correct the head of household from the Enrollment screen:
- Back in Looker, Remove Enrollment ID, then repeat the process for any remaining enrollments with two Heads of Household.
Project Descriptor Data Elements
HUD has reminded the following needs to be correct for all CSV Exports:
- Organization Name - must be the full legal name of the agency
- There must be only one organization name for each organization in the HMIS implementation
- Common Issues and examples:
- Abbreviations instead of full names - BCMW
- Names with code in them - "Economic Opportunity Agency (EOA)- NEC (no data entry)
- Names identifying it is the agency name: Salvation Army (agency)
- Creating a separate organization for each operation/project of the organization - Catholic Charities Hope House, Catholic Charities Sojourner House and then a single Catholic Charities
- For statewide implementations ONLY it is understandable that a single organization can have multiple locations across the state, and you need to be able to separately identify them.
- This should be done by CoC number
- For readability, an implementation may add a "-location" to the name to facilitate privacy settings when the same organization has locations in different areas of the state. - "The Salvation Army a Georgia Corporation - xyx county" or "The Salvation Army a New York Corporation - ABE City."
LSA Data Quality Flag Resolution
Run the System-wide export found in the Administrator section of the Report Library.
Correct report period is 10/01/2018 - 09/30/2019.
Geocodes must be exactly 6 digits. To identify sites with an issue, create a Look to review the project descriptors/geocodes. As needed, correct on the appropriate Site screen in Clarity Human Services. Re-run the export.
Zip codes must be exactly 5 digits. To identify incorrect zip codes, create a Look to review the project descriptors/geocodes. As needed, correct on the appropriate Site screen in Clarity Human Services. Re-run the export.
All the upload errors for Inventory.csv are the result of a problem with project descriptors on the inventory screen. For an overview of how to find the projects/inventories with problems, refer to: Additional Project Information Look.
Additional Bed Inventory Guidance
For further information concerning bed inventories and reporting, please refer to HMIS Bed Inventories, Occupancy and Reporting. This article shows which Clarity screen the various project descriptors are pulled from. Programs are recommended to check specifically for set up for:
- Geocode on Site screen
- Correct zip code on Site screen
- CoC code on Inventory screen