At this writing, HUD has not provided official programming specifications. Communities and vendors work off the HIC and PIT Data Collection for CoC and ESG Programs notice. Refer to the 2019 version for the latest information.
Communities are advised to review Building Projects the Correct Way for LSA, HIC, and PIT to ensure projects are properly setup.
For an overview how the HIC and PIT are pulled from Clarity Human Services, refer to HMIS Bed Inventories, Occupancy and Reporting.
The Housing Inventory Count is designed to report on housing stock available in a community that is dedicated for homeless persons. The report also offers a point-in-time look at utilization.
For more information about each column in the report, refer to the HIC/PIT notice linked above.
Included Projects and Inventories
In addition to the parameter selections which are reviewed in the next section, projects and related bed inventories will only be included in the HIC if the project is designated as a "Continuum Project." To verify this setting:
- Click on Launchpad, then Manage
- Click on the Programs tab
- Edit the program/project to check
- Verify Continuum Project is set to "Yes"
Running the Report
Due to the information available through the drill downs, this report should only be run by System Administrators or others authorized to access information across agencies and CoCs.
- From the System agency, navigate to Report Library, Administrator Reports
- Run [HUDX-123-AD] Housing Inventory (HIC)
- CoC: Choose which CoC to report on
- Agency Filter Category:
There are four levels of CoC filtering available. Only one option may be selected:
- Agencies in CoC - APR will only pull from Agencies with the selected CoC(s). All of the CoC selection filters have a multi-select option. To choose more than one option, select the first CoC, then Ctrl-click additional CoC(s).
- Agencies with Programs in CoC - APR will only pull from Programs/Projects with the selected CoC(s).
- Agencies with Sites in CoC - APR will only pull from Sites with the selected CoC(s).
- * Agencies with Bed Inventory in CoC - APR will only pull from Bed Inventories with the selected CoC(s). Be aware, choosing this option will limit to only those projects with Bed Inventories. ***Recommended***
- Client Location filter: Selecting this option will only include households where the HoH has the selected CoC as the Client Location
- Program Status: Recommend using All so projects that may have closed during the reporting year are included
- HIC Year: Year for the report, usually the current year
- PIT Date: For official HUD HIC reporting, this should be the CoC determined point-in-time date, during the last ten days of January of the reporting year