For both RHY (Runaway and Homeless Youth) and SSVF (Supportive Services for Veteran Families), the same report for general exporting of data is used. This commonly known as "HUD CSV/XML Program Data Export." The specifications for this can be found on the HMIS Data Exchange Resources portal.
The export is simply a series of CSV formatted tables that are zipped together and uploaded to the RHY or SSVF repositories. Within the zip file there will be the following tables:
It is critical that the contents of the zip file ARE NOT CHANGED. If the contents are changed, likely there will be a problem with uploading the file to the repository. The name of the zip file can be changed, but nothing else.
Running the Report
Grantees are recommended to run the [HUDX-225] HMIS Data Quality Report in preparation for running the RHY or SSVF export.This report will identify data quality problems which can be repaired prior to running the export.
This report is found in the HUD Reports section of the Clarity Human Services Report Library.
- From the SSVF (or RHY) agency, navigate to Report Library, HUD Reports
- [HUDX-111] HUD CSV / XML Program Data Export
- Program: Choose which program to run the report for
- CoC: Choose which CoC to report on
- Date From, Date to
- Encrypt Identifying Data: No, for SSVF
- Format: CSV
- Source Type: Continuum-operated HMIS
- Include deleted data: Off
- Include Service Item ID: Off
- Include Custom Services: Off
- Full CoC Export: Off
- Show Report
The report will be down loaded to the local machine.
The only difference for RHY concerns encryption. Encrypt Identifying Data must be Yes.
Contact the grantor for information about uploading the export to the appropriate repository.