Once a Service has been created, at least one Service Item must be associated with it for the Service to be operational. Multiple Service Items can be associated with a single Service.
To create a Service Item, click Add Item within the Service Items section of the Service (figure 1).
In the Services: Item Detail section (figure 2), complete the associated Service Item fields.
Item Title: the name of the Service Item.
Delivery Type: there are three Delivery Types:
- Long Term: allows you to extend the Availability End Date beyond 31 days.
- Daily Attendance: both Daily and Multiple Attendance are intended for use with the Attendance Module. Daily Attendance allows you to record services on a day-by-day basis. This is possible for up to 180 days.
- Multiple Attendance: allows you to record services multiple times per day.
If "Daily Attendance" or "Multiple Attendance" are selected, additional data fields will appear (figure 3).
- Service Option: when toggled on, the Service Item will be accessible from both the Services tab and the Attendance module. If toggled off, the service will only be available in the Attendance module.
- Attendance History Assist: how recently clients will need to have received the service to appear in the Quick Add section of the Attendance module.
- Default Intake Model: if the Service Item defaults to Scanned or Manual entry in the Attendance module. Regardless of the selection, both methods can be used when recording the Service Item.
- Require Release of Information: toggling this on will require the client to have an active ROI to receive the service.
Group Placement Option: allows the user to select and record the Service Item for additional household members.
Availability Start/End Dates: the dates the Service Item became available and unavailable to clients. End Date can be left blank until the Service Item is no longer available.
Geocode: the Geocode is a marker administered by HUD. It's a 6-digit number that corresponds to a particular geographic location within a Continuum of Care (CoC). A full list of Geocodes can be found on the HUD Exchange.
There are three default sub-sections within Services: Item Details:
Completing these sections is optional and dependent on the type of Service Item being created.
Once Service Items have been configured, if you have not already done so, return to the main Service page and complete the Program Options section.
Editing Existing Service Items
Hover over the Service Item and click either the edit or delete icon (figure 4).