Once a service has been created, at least one service item must be associated with it for the service to be operational. Multiple service items can be associated with a single service.
To create a service item, click Add Item within the Service Items section of the service (figure 1).
In the Services: Item Detail section (figure 2), complete the associated service item fields.
Item Title: the name of the service item. This will display in the client record when a staff member records a service.
Delivery Type: there are three delivery types:
- Long Term: allows you to extend the Availability End Date beyond 31 days.
- Daily Attendance: both daily and multiple attendance service items can be recorded in the client record (if Service Option is enabled - see below) or in the Attendance Module. Daily attendance allows you to record services on a day-by-day basis, for up to 180 days.
- Multiple Attendance: allows you to record services multiple times per day.
If "Daily Attendance" or "Multiple Attendance" are selected, additional data fields will appear (figure 3).
- Service Option: when toggled on, the service item can be accessed from the client record Services tab (agency-level or program-level) or the Attendance Module. If toggled off, the service item will only be available in the Attendance Module.
- Attendance History Assist: how recently clients will need to have received the service to appear in the Quick Add section of the Attendance Module.
- Default Intake Model: if the service item defaults to "Scanned" or "Manual" entry in the Attendance Module. Regardless of the selection, both methods can be used when recording the service item.
- Require Program Enrollment: (this option only displays if "Programs Only" is selected in Program Options) when this setting is toggled on, staff members will be unable to record a service item in the Attendance Module for clients not enrolled in one of the programs designated in Program Options. Instead of an "Add" option beside their name, "Not Enrolled" will display. For information on how this setting impacts reservation services, see Service Item Housing Options: Reservations.
- Require Release of Information: toggling this on will require the client to have an active ROI to receive the service.
Group Placement Option: allows the staff member to select and record the service item for additional household members.
Availability Start/End Dates: the dates the service item became available and unavailable to clients. End Date can be left blank until the service item is no longer available.
Geocode: the geocode is a marker administered by The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). It's a 6-digit number that corresponds to a particular geographic location within a Continuum of Care (CoC). A full list of geocodes can be found on the HUD Exchange.
Enable Accounts: allows Account Options to be associated with the service item.
Enable Geolocations: allows geolocation information to be associated with the service item.
There are two default sub-sections within Services: Item Details:
Completing these sections is optional.
If Service Taxonomy is configured for your system, you’ll have the options of adding one or more Service Taxonomy Classifications to service items.
To add a classification, click Add Classification within the service item (figure 4).
First select a Category. Begin typing the name or code of the associated Taxonomy Item. As you type, options will appear to select from (figure 5). Select the appropriate item and click Add.
Once service items have been configured, if you have not already done so, return to the main service page and complete the Program Options section.
Editing Existing Service Items
Hover over the service item and click either the edit or delete icon (figure 6).