To create a template for your Coordinated Entry program, follow the standard steps for creating program templates.
Coordinated Entry Program Template Configuration
Review the following guidance for each configuration option before creating your Program Template:
- Program Screen: if the Coordinated Entry program is HUD-funded (CoC-SSO), ensure you select a screen that contains the HUD HMIS Project Descriptor Data Elements (the system screen “HUD HMIS Project Setup” contains all required fields).
- Enrollment Screen: select the appropriate screen for your coordinated entry program, as determined in the Coordinated Entry Screens step.
- Case Status and Case Status Screen: this is optional for coordinated entry programs and its use is dependent on your local process.
- Additional Status Screen: any status screens with a Status Screen Type of “Current Living Situation” will populate this picklist. The fields in these screens collect the data associated with the HUD HMIS Data Element 4.12 Current Living Situation. The appropriate screen should be selected. This data element is required for Coordinated Entry programs.
- Exit Screen: select the appropriate screen for your Coordinated Entry program, as determined in the Coordinated Entry Screens step.
- Follow-up Screen: this is optional for Coordinated Entry programs and its use is dependent on your local process.
- Status: select “Active”.
- Automated Provisioning: Coordinated Entry Event Service Items can either be set up at the program-level or the template-level. If setting up services at the template-level, select “Enabled” and set up services for 4.20 Coordinated Entry Event as outlined in 2020 HMIS Data Standards: Coordinated Entry Data Elements Details.