One of the most important and most complex HUD data elements is Housing Move-in Date (3.20). This article will attempt to explain some of the fine points how this element is used in HUD and Federal Partner reporting.
Some of the reports where Housing Move-in Date comes into play include:
- Annual Performance Report [HUDX-227]
- ESG CAPER [HUDX-228]
- System Performance Measures [HUDX-223-AD]
- Longitudinal System Analysis [HUDX-231-AD]
- Housing Inventory Count [HUDX-123-AD]
- Shelter Count PIT [HUDX-230-AD]
Additionally, Bitfocus has implemented the same logic into other "canned" reports requiring Housing Move-in Date as part of the report logic.
The following is an overview of the minimal requirements for counting an enrollment as having a move-in date.
The Housing Move-in Date is only taken from the enrollment Entry Screen of the head of household. In the event a project captures Housing Move-in Date on a different screen, it will not be included in reporting on Move-ins.
Project Type Code
The enrollment must be in one of the following project types:
- PH - Permanent Supportive Housing (3)
- PH - Housing Only (9)
- PH - Housing with Services (10)
- PH - Rapid Re-Housing (13)
Head of Household
The enrollment must have one and only one Head of Household designated.
- Ideally the HoH entered the project on or before the date all other household members entered
Housing Move-in Date in Relation to Other Dates
- Ideally the Move-in Date should be on or after the HoH project start date
- The Move-in Date must be before the reporting period end date
Often, reality does not conform to the ideal standards. As a result some specific alternate situations are visually summarized below:
Follow the flow to see details how certain situations are handled.