The ability to refer clients to programs with or without eligibility criteria, match and prioritize those referrals based on specific criteria, and manage referrals across multiple programs is a key functionality of Clarity Human Services and an essential component of coordinated entry process management.
There are two main methods by which clients can be referred to programs. The first is direct referrals, where a client is referred directly to one or more programs. The other involves the client first being referred to a Community Queue, where referrals will be reviewed for program eligibility and prioritization by a designated staff member.
Referrals can be made from two different locations in the client record:
- The Referrals tab: when the user wants to directly refer the client to a specific program regardless of eligibility criteria
- The Assessments tab: when the user wants to directly refer the client to a program based on eligibility criteria or refer a client to a Community Queue
Agency and Program Configurations for Referring to Programs
When referring a client to a program, either directly from the Referrals tab or Assessments tab, or by re-assigning from the Community Queue, certain agency and program configurations must be in place for a program to show up as a referral option:
- Continuum of Care: The Continuum of Care in the Agency Overview must be the same for the referring and referred to agency (the system does not look at the Continuum of Care field for the program).
- Public Listing: Public Listing must be set as either “Public” or “Agency” for the program being referred to. If set as "Public," the program will populate as an option for all agencies. If set as "Agency", it will only populate for staff members at the agency (or switched into agency). If an agency has no programs with Public Listing configured to be shared with the agency or publicly, it will not populate the drop-down menu.
- Eligibility: Eligibility must be toggled on for the program being referred to (requirements added in the Program Eligibility section will determine if a program displays in the Eligible or Ineligible section from the Referrals tab. For more information see, Program Eligibility).
- Sharing: Service/Programs/Assessments Placed must be set to "Basic Shared" or "Full Shared" for the program being referred to.
The chart below (figure 1) displays which settings impact the referral options in each section of Clarity Human Services.
|Assessments Tab||Referrals Tab||Re-Assign from Community Queue|
Continuum of Care
Please see the System Administration series of articles on Referrals and the Community Queue for details on system configuring options and requirements for making referrals.
The following articles provide details on end user referral workflows:
- Direct Referrals from the Client Record Referrals Tab
- Direct Referrals from the Assessments Tab
- Community Queue for End Users