The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) recently approved the State of California for statewide non-congregate sheltering assistance in response to the COVID-19 health emergency. This funding will allow California to move individuals in a "high-risk of complications from COVID-19” category into hotel rooms or other appropriate non-congregate shelter locations. To manage this effort, the State of California is implementing a data collection effort that relies on the use of HMIS.
In response to this request, Bitfocus developed guidelines and tools in Clarity Human Services to facilitate data collection and reporting for non-congregate sheltering. The following resources are available to assist in program setup and end user training:
- FEMA Non-Congregate Shelter (NCS) Program Setup
- FEMA Non-Congregate Shelter (NCS) Workflow
- FEMA Non-Congregate Shelter Workflow Training Video
- State of California NCS FEMA Guidance
- COVID-19: Systemwide Protocol for People Experiencing Homelessness - State of California Example (HUD Exchange)