This article describes the changes users will encounter following an upgrade to new dashboard features.
Overview of Changes
New User Interface
To begin a dashboard using the new features, select "Dashboard (beta)."
- Click "Edit Dashboard" to begin adding content
- New Looks can be created and added to the dashboard by clicking on "Add Tile"
- To add existing Looks, close the dashboard returning to the folder with the Looks
- Open the Look
- Using the , "Save to Dashboard"
- Navigate to the appropriate folder for the dashboard
- NOTE: Looks can now be added to dashboards from any folder or space
Looks added to dashboards will now display as a tile, with an offset shadow around the tile.
Moving and resizing the tiles
The data analysis tool now has the capability to show more than a table when drilling through a data point.
When a visualization is available, there will be the option to "Drill Into..." beyond the "Explore" option which will display a data table.
The resulting drill overlay will display a visualization that best represents the underlying data. In addition to the visualization the user can:
- View the Table
- Explore from Here
- Download Results
Visualizations from a merged results query can now be saved to dashboards. Once the visualization is prepared, simply save to dashboard.