Assessments Screens allow staff members to record client data at any point in time within or outside of a program enrollment. Information collected during a project stay, known as a “Project Update” in the HMIS Data Standards, is recorded in an assessment. Referrals not made from the client level Referrals tab, including referrals to the Community Queue, are made from within a completed assessment from the Assessments tab. Unlike Enrollment, Status, or Exit screens, assessments don’t need to be tied to a specific event.
Assessments displayed in a client record are based on configurations made at the system level (the Assessment Screens system administrators create), agency level (the agencies those screens are made available to) and program level (the assessments that are assigned to a program (if Program Assessments is enabled).
Note:. if you have questions about where, which, and at what point assessments should be completed in a client record, contact your local system administrator.
Access to Assessments
Depending on the sharing settings and assigned Navigation Profile of the agency and the staff member's access role, assessment data can be shared, edited, and deleted within and across agencies. Individual assessments can also be made private to the agency where they were recorded, regardless of the agency's sharing settings.
To access the Assessment tab, including previously completed assessments (these can also be viewed from the History tab):
- Switch into the correct agency.
- Navigate to the client record and click the Assessments tab (figure 1).
The Assessments tab is divided into two sections: Assessments and Assessment History (figure 2).
The Assessment History section displays previously completed assessments, which can be edited or deleted, based on a staff member’s access role. The following assessment information displays within Assessment History:
- Assessment Name: the name of the Assessment Screen.
- Agency: the agency of the staff member who completed the assessment.
- Completed: the date the assessment was completed.
- Assessment Processor Score: if configured for the assessment, the assessment processor name and score.
- Eligibility: if Eligibility Engine is enabled for the assessment, a link to the Eligibility Results.
- Measures: if Assessment Measures are configured for the assessment, a link to the Assessment Measures.
- Program Link: if the assessment is linked to a program enrollment, this information can be viewed by hovering over the icon.
Completing the Assessment
- Locate the appropriate assessment.
- Click Start (figure 3).
- Complete the assessment.
- Click Save.
Recent Assessment Warning
If the assessment you're attempting to complete has been completed within a designated period of time in the client record, a Recent Assessment Warning may display.
This will only display if it has been configured to by a system administrator. For more information on the Recent Assessment Warning setting, see Creating and Editing Screens.
If Program Assessments is enabled for a program, assessment can be recorded from the Assessments tab within a program enrollment. Assessments added from within an enrollment will display in both the program enrollment Assessments tab and client level Assessments tab and can be viewed and modified either place.
To complete a program assessment:
- Locate the appropriate program enrollment, either from the History tab or Programs tab and click the edit icon (figure 4).
- Click the Assessments tab within the enrollment (figure 5).
- Click Start next to the applicable assessment (figure 6).