Assessments Screens allow staff members to record client data at any time within or outside of a Program enrollment. Information collected during a project stay, known as a “Project Update” in the HMIS Data Standards, is recorded in an assessment. Referrals not made from the client level Referrals tab, including referrals to the Community Queue, are made from within a completed assessment from the Assessments tab. Unlike Enrollment, Status, or Exit screens, assessments don’t need to be connected to a specific event.
Assessments displayed in a client record are based on configurations made at the following levels:
- System level: the Assessment Screens that System Administrators create
- Agency level: the agencies those screens are made available to
- Program level: the assessments that are assigned to a Program (if Program Assessments is enabled)
|NOTE: Contact your System Administrator if you have questions about which assessments to complete in a client record and when/where to complete them.|
Access to Assessments
You can also mark an individual assessment as Private to the agency where it was recorded, regardless of the agency's sharing settings.
To access the Assessment tab, including previously completed assessments (which you can also view from the History tab):
- Switch into the correct agency.
- Navigate to the client record and click the Assessments tab.
The Assessments tab is divided into two sections: ASSESSMENTS and ASSESSMENT HISTORY.
The ASSESSMENT HISTORY section displays previously completed assessments, which staff members can edit or delete if their Access Role allows. The following information displays within ASSESSMENT HISTORY:
- Assessment Name: the name of the Assessment Screen.
- Agency: the agency of the staff member who completed the assessment.
- Completed: the date the staff member completed the assessment.
- Assessment Processor Score: the Assessment Processor name and score (if configured for the assessment)
- Eligibility: a link to the Eligibility Results (if Eligibility Engine is enabled for the assessment)
- Measures: a link to the Assessment Measures (if configured for the assessment)
- Program Link: if the assessment is linked to a Program enrollment, you can hover over the icon to view the Program details.
Completing the Assessment
- Locate the appropriate assessment in the ASSESSMENTS section.
NOTE: If the user’s Access Role does not permit the user to edit the client’s Program, the user will not see any assessments displayed in this section.
- Click START.
- Complete the assessment.
- Click SAVE.
Recent Assessment Warning
If the System Administrator has configured the Recent Assessment Warning, you will see the message below if the assessment you're attempting to complete has already been completed within the designated time period.
If Program Assessments is enabled for a Program, you can record an assessment from the Assessments tab within a Program enrollment. Assessments added from within an enrollment will display in both the Program enrollment Assessments tab and client level Assessments tab and can be viewed and modified in either place.
To complete a program assessment:
- Locate the appropriate Program enrollment, either from the History tab or the Programs tab. Click the edit icon.
- Click the Assessments tab within the enrollment.
- Click START for the applicable assessment.
Link from Assessments
If Program Assessments is enabled for a Program, you will see a LINK FROM ASSESSMENTS button on the Assessments tab. Click this button to display a list of client assessments that have been enabled at the Agency level and assigned to the current Program. Select the desired assessment(s) to link to the current enrollment.