The Current Living Situation data element is applicable to the following funders and program types:
Funder: Program Component
- HUD: CoC – Collection required for Street Outreach and Coordinated Entry
- HUD: ESG – Collection only required for Street Outreach and nbn shelter
- HHS: PATH – Collection required for all components
- HHS: RHY – Collection only required for Street Outreach
- HUD: CoC - Youth Homeless Demonstration Program (YHDP) – collection required for any project type serving clients who meet Category 2 or 3 of the homeless definition
Project Type Applicability
- Emergency Shelter (night-by-night only)
- Street Outreach
- Services Only
- Coordinated Entry
The collection of Current Living Situation data is configured at three levels: Screen, Program Template, and Program.
A System Current Living Situation Status Screen exists within all instances of Clarity Human Services in the Program Status section of the Screens tab (figure 1).
This screen, which contains all necessary fields for recording the 4.12 Current Living Situation, can be used for recording this data.
Alternately, the Current Living Situation fields can be added to a custom Status Screen by selecting a Status Screen Type of “Current Living Situation” when creating a Program Status Screen (figure 2). This method allows other fields to be recorded along with the Current Living Situation fields in the status screen.
Either way, status screens with the Current Living Situation fields will display with Current Living Situation in the Program Status screen list (figure 3).
Program Template Setup
In order for the Current Living Situation Assessment to be available to a program, it first needs to be added to a Program Template, set as an Additional Status Screen (figure 4).
Finally, in order for the Current Living Situation assessment to be available to a program, the designated Program Template must be selected in the program’s configuration.