- Diversity and inclusion make our community strong. We encourage participation from the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible and want to be very clear about where we stand.
- Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful, and friendly community for everyone, regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other defining characteristics.
- This code and related procedures apply to unacceptable behavior occurring in all community venues, including behavior outside the scope of community activities — online and in-person — as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behavior has the potential to affect the safety and well-being of community members adversely.
Data Privacy and Security
- Client-level data must never be sent or received over Slack by users or Bitfocus staff. If this ever occurs, notify Bitfocus staff immediately, and they will delete the message.
- Never send private information in a Slack channel (personal data, passwords, etc.).
- Users are responsible for what they post.
- Be welcoming.
- Be kind.
- Be helpful.
- Look out for each other.
- Conduct or speech might be considered sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory or offensive.
- Intimidation or harassment.
- Disrespect towards differences of opinion.
- Inappropriate attention or contact. Be aware of how your actions affect others. If it makes someone uncomfortable, stop.
- Sustained disruptions.
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language.
- Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated.
- If you are the subject of or witness any violations of this Code of Conduct, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If violations occur, Bitfocus will take any action we deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion.
Adapted from Slack’s developer community Code of Conduct