The Referrals functionality in Clarity Human Services allows users to refer clients directly to programs and to Community Queues, where referrals are triaged and prioritized. The configuration options within Referral Settings allow system administrators to customize how users interact with the referral process, allowing communities to tailor their information system to match their system of care.
Configurations system administrators make in Referral Settings impact the way both direct referrals and Community Queues referrals function. This article shows you how to access Referral Settings and introduces you to its main components.
To access Referral Settings, click the launchpad and navigate to Setup > Settings > Referral Settings.
System administrators can edit but not delete the system “Default” referral settings. In the absence of additional referral settings, the configurations system administrators make to the “Default” settings apply systemwide.
Different Continuums of Care or groups of agencies using the same system may require distinct referral processes. If this is the case, you can create additional referral settings. Whether system administrators establish different referral settings at the CoC or Sharing Group-level is defined by the Coordinated Entry Type system administrators select in System Setup Settings.
To create additional referral settings, click Add New Referral Settings.
Select the appropriate CoC or Sharing Group and complete the configuration options outlined below.
There are four initial toggles within Referral Settings: Community Referral Queue, Pending Referral Notifications, Contact Information Warning, and Referral Dashboards. It can help to toggle off these settings to see which additional settings are associated with each.
Note: when creating new Referral Settings, the initial configuration mirrors the settings in Default.
There are two initial sub-sections, which display after clicking Add Record: Tracked Characteristics and Denial Notification Extensions.
The following settings impact all referrals for the CoC or Sharing Group, regardless of whether Community Referral Queue is enabled.
Pending Referral Notifications: when enabled, the system notifies specific users if referrals assigned to an agency are pending and/or pending-in-process for more than the specified time or specified frequency. There are three settings -
- Notification Frequency: the system can send notifications daily or weekly.
- Notify Days in Pending: once a referral’s Status is set as “Pending,” users receive a reminder notification after the number of days established for this setting pass.
- Notify Days in Process: once a referral’s Status is set as “Pending - In Process,” users receive a reminder notification after the number of days established for this setting pass.
- Contact Information Warning: when enabled, the system displays a message in the Client Profile if there is no Contact information in the client record and the client has an active Community Queue or pending program referral. Users can click on the notification and add information in the Contacts tab.
- Referral Dashboards: displays the Dashboards tab in Referrals. System administrators can configure one or multiple dashboards to display. See Referral Settings: Dashboards for more information.
- Tracked Characteristics: this feature allows system administrators to create referral conditions, providing an additional layer of filtering for referrals. For more information, see Tracked Characteristics.
- Denial Notification Extensions: system administrators can configure custom text to include in denial notification emails. Messaging can be customized based on Denial Reason.
All other settings are specific to Community Queue functionality. For more information, see Referral Settings: Community Queue.