Access Role Permission
To access the Inventory module, users will need to have the Inventory access role permission enabled. This permission is available for Admin, Manager, and Enterprise Role Types. Other pre-existing sharing settings will control what users can see in Inventory.
Staff Inventory Access
The ability for an agency’s users to access the Units display in the Inventory module is controlled by a Staff Inventory Access setting on the AGENCY OVERVIEW page. This setting provides a picklist with three options:
- “Agency”: The agency’s users will only be able to see Units in that agency. This is the default selection for this picklist.
- “Coordinated Entry Type”: The agency’s users will be able to see all Units in either the CoC or the Primary Sharing Group, depending on the system’s Coordinated Entry Type setting.
- “System”: The agency’s users will be able to see all Units in the system.
Individual Staff Member Inventory Access
To control access to the Units display in the Inventory module for individual staff members, use the Inventory Access setting on the MANAGE > STAFF page. This setting provides a picklist with four options:
- “Agency Default”: The staff member will be able to see Units according to whatever level is selected for the agency’s Staff Inventory Access setting (set at the AGENCY OVERVIEW page). This is the default selection for this picklist.
- “Agency”: The staff member will only be able to see that agency’s Units.
- “Coordinated Entry Type”: The staff member will be able to see all Units in either the CoC or the Primary Sharing Group, depending on the system’s Coordinated Entry Type setting.
- “System”: The staff member will be able to see all Units in the system.
Using the Inventory Tab
To access this module from the main menu, go to the launchpad and click the INVENTORY icon.
The display includes the following:
- Filters for selecting the types of Units that are displayed
- Clarity Inbox
- Icon displaying the user’s initials
- Clicking this icon displays the name of the agency you are currently switched into. Other agencies that are available to switch into (if any) are displayed in a Switch Agency drop-down menu.
- List of Units in alphabetical order
- The display updates as you apply different filters.
- When you hover over a Unit’s listing on the left side of the page, that Unit’s marker on the map increases in size and changes color from grey to blue.
- Display indicating Total Sites, Total Buildings, Total Units, and Total Beds available, as well as occupancy calculations
- The display updates as you apply different filters.
The following details are displayed for each Unit:
a. Unit name
b. Unit Configuration Type name
c. Address (building address if available; otherwise, the site address)
d. Status (Available, Occupied, or Offline)
e. Name of the agency under which the Unit is configured
f. Site name
g. Building name
h. Funding Sources that are applied to the Unit
I. Number of beds in the Unit
Depending on the user’s access settings, all Units available to the user are displayed initially, but you can refine the display according to Status, Agency, Site, and Building by using the filters in the top left corner of the screen (figure 5). Select as many options as desired from each filter.
- Select Available to display Units that are not currently occupied.
- Select Occupied to display Units that are currently occupied.
- Select Offline to display Units that are temporarily unavailable but expected to be available again at some point in the future.
- To display Units configured under specific Agencies, scroll through the list and select the desired agency/agencies.
- To display Units associated with specific Sites, scroll through the list and select the desired Site(s).
- To display Units associated with specific buildings, scroll through the list and select the desired Building(s).
To filter by Configuration, Funding, Program Type, and CoC, click the filter icon in the upper right corner.
Clicking this icon displays a panel of drop-down options that will allow you to filter the Unit display according to Configuration, Funding, Program, Program Type, and CoC.
Pop-Up Unit Card
To display a pop-up card with detailed information on a Unit, click on that Unit on the list or click on that Unit’s marker on the map.
The header of the pop-up card includes an “edit” icon that is visible only to System Administrators. Clicking the icon opens the unit management page.
When you open the Unit Card, you will see the Details tab. The Overview section of the tab lists the Name, Agency, Building, Beds, Type, Site, Program, and Address for the Unit.
The More Information section of this tab allows you to display custom fields that you have attached to Housing Inventory screens. To enable this feature, toggle on the Display on Inventory Card for this field in the SCREEN FIELD EDITOR, which is configurable by System Administrators.
Fields for which you have enabled this toggle will then appear in the More information section of the Details tab.
In addition to the Details tab, the Unit Card also includes Occupancy, Funding, and Eligibility tabs.
Click the Occupancy tab to view the details for the Unit’s current and previous occupants. The occupancy records are listed in descending order from the top, with the most recent occupancy listed first.
Click the down arrow on an occupant’s listing to display the following details for that occupant, depending on the user’s sharing settings:
- Client name (other household members listed as applicable)
- Program entry date
- Program type
- Length of time in Unit (starts count when the Unit moves to the Occupied status)
- Anticipated Availability
- The Anticipated Availability date for a currently occupied Unit is entered in the Pending Occupancy End Date field on the Units tab in the PROGRAMS section of the client record for the Unit’s current occupant.
The system will take into account the Sharing Settings for “Clients Created” and “Service/Programs/Assessments Placed”:
- The system uses the phrase “Undisclosed Client” to describe the existence of a client record that a user is not permitted to view.
- If a user viewing the Occupancy information cannot see the client according to the “Clients Created” setting, then the system displays “Undisclosed Client” instead of the full client name.
- The system also considers the Program and the Assessment that are connected to the Unit. If the Program and Assessment are not shared for the user who is viewing the Occupancy Information, the system displays “Undisclosed Client” instead of the full client name.
- The system also takes into account if a client, Program, or Assessment is set to “Private.”
Click the Funding tab to view all the funding sources connected to the Unit, including those inherited via Program, Site, etc.
Click the Eligibility tab to view all eligibility associated with the Unit, including inherited eligibility.
Click CLOSE at the bottom of the pop-up when you are done.
If a photo of the Unit has been uploaded to the system, it will be displayed on the Unit Card. Photo size is limited to 10 MB. You will be able to crop the photo to a 3:2 aspect ratio after you upload it.
If no photo has been uploaded for a particular Unit, the system will display the photo of the current default Unit Configuration Type. If there is no Unit Configuration Type photo, the system will display the current default Building photo.
If there are no associated default photos, the system will not display a photo for the Unit.
Exiting the Inventory Tab
To exit the Inventory tab, click the Launchpad icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select the desired function.