INVENTORY now includes a Unit Queue that allows you to refer clients to a specific Unit based on Unit Eligibility criteria and Unit availability (set at the AGENCY OVERVIEW page).
When you click on a Unit, the system will analyze the Unit’s Eligibility criteria, assess that criteria against the potential client pool, and display all clients who are eligible for that Unit. You can then click a REFER button next to a client name to initiate the process of referring that client to the Unit.
Unit Queue Settings
Access Role Permission
To access the Unit Queue, users will need to have the Referrals - Unit Queue access role permission enabled.
To enable the Unit Queue, navigate to SETUP > SETTINGS and select a REFERRAL SETTINGS group to edit. On the REFERRAL SETTINGS page, toggle on the Community Referral Queue and Persistent Management settings. Click SAVE CHANGES.
Note: Enabling INVENTORY affects the following aspects of the Availability tab:
Staff Inventory Access
The ability for an agency’s users to access the Units display on the Unit Queue tab is controlled by a Staff Inventory Access setting on the AGENCY OVERVIEW. This setting provides a picklist with three options:
- “Agency”: The agency’s users will only be able to see Units in that agency. This is the default selection for this picklist.
- “Coordinated Entry Type”: The agency’s users will be able to see all Units in either the CoC or the Primary Sharing Group, depending on the system’s Coordinated Entry Type setting.
- “System”: The agency’s users will be able to see all Units in the system.
Individual Staff Member Inventory Access
To control access to the Units display on the Unit Queue tab for individual staff members, use the Inventory Access setting on the MANAGE > STAFF page. This setting provides a picklist with four options:
- “Agency Default”: The staff member will be able to see Units according to whatever level is selected for the agency’s Staff Inventory Access setting (set at the AGENCY OVERVIEW page). This is the default selection for this picklist.
- “Agency”: The staff member will only be able to see that agency’s Units.
- “Coordinated Entry Type”: The staff member will be able to see all Units in either the CoC or the Primary Sharing Group, depending on the system’s Coordinated Entry Type setting.
- “System”: The staff member will be able to see all Units in the system.
Using the Unit Queue
To navigate to the Unit Queue, click on SEARCH > REFERRALS in the upper right corner of the screen; the Unit Queue tab will be visible.
Searching the Unit Queue
Click on the Unit Queue tab to display available Units.
- Offline Units will not be displayed on the Unit Queue tab.
- The Units that are displayed will depend on the system’s Coordinated Entry Type:
- If the Coordinated Entry Type is “Continuum of Care Based,” the Unit Queue shows all Units within the CoC of the agency that owns the Program that is assigned to the Unit.
- If the Coordinated Entry Type is “Sharing Groups Based,” the Unit Queue shows all Units within the Sharing Group of the agency that owns the Program that is assigned to the Unit. If the agency has more than one Sharing Group assigned, the Unit Queue shows the Units within the Primary Coordinated Entry Group.
If desired, use the filters to search for specific types of Units:
- Agency: Allows you to limit your search results to Units associated with the agency of the Program connected to the Unit. If you select an agency, the options available in the Program Funding drop-down will be limited to funding sources that are related to the selected agency.
- Program: Allows you to limit the search results to Units associated with a specific Program. If you select a Program, the options available in the Program Funding drop-down will be limited to funding sources that are connected to that Program.
- Funding Source: Allows you to limit the search results according to the funding source(s) connected to the Program. Inherited funding sources are included in the drop-down list.
|Note: When a Site is assigned a Program with Eligibility (either direct Eligibility, or Eligibility inherited through a Funding Source assigned to the Program), the Site’s Eligibility toggle automatically toggles on and becomes greyed out. The same logic applies if a Program is assigned to a Building or a Unit Configuration Type, and the current logic of inheritance (from Site > Building > Unit Configuration Type > Unit) still applies.|
- Include Units with Pending Referrals:
- Toggle on if you want to include Units with pending Referrals in your search results.
- Toggle off if you do not want to include Units with pending Referrals in your search results. “Off” is the default value.
Select the appropriate parameters, then click SEARCH.
The Units displayed in the Unit Queue will be sorted alphabetically. By default, the client sort is also in alphabetical order. Click the column header to sort by the column (Client, Referral Date, Days Pending, Score).
Checking Eligibility for a Unit
Click on a Unit in the list to display information about that Unit. View additional details (available according to the user’s access role) by clicking on the Current Unit Configuration name, Site name, Building name, or Unit name.
Select one of the following:
- Recommended Usage: Click the ELIGIBILITY button if you want the system to analyze the Unit’s Eligibility criteria, assess that criteria against the potential client pool (which consists of clients who are already on the Community Queue), and display all clients eligible for that Unit.
- Click Eligibility Override in the lower right corner if you want the system to display all clients/referrals that are currently on the Community Queue, regardless of eligibility criteria.
Based on your selection, the system looks for clients who can be referred to this Unit. The clients will be grouped according to Community Queue first and then by referral assessment, so the first display that you see will be a list of Community Queues. The Unit Queue pulls from the clients assigned to the Community Queues.
|Note: When a direct referral is made, denied, and sent back to the queue, the client will appear on the list under a heading of “None” to indicate that the client is on the queue without an assessment.|
As shown below, click on the arrow next to a Community Queue (a) to display the referral assessments (b) associated with the clients. Click on the arrow next to an assessment to display the client names (c).
Click the REFER button next to a client’s name to begin the referral process for that client. This process is similar to referring a client from the Community Queue to a Program.
To prevent accidental referrals to a Unit, you will see the following alert: “Please confirm you would like to refer [Client - First Name, Last Name] to [Unit name].”
|Note: Referrals from the Unit Queue will count as inferred Coordinated Entry Events where applicable following the same logic as referrals from the Community Queue.|
When a client is referred to a Unit from a listed Community Queue, the client will then be removed from the Community Queue tab and will be visible under the Pending tab.
When the referral is connected to the Unit, the Unit’s status changes to “Pending Occupation.”
The system assumes that the Unit is “Pending Occupation” starting on the date when the referral is connected to the Unit.
If the Site/Building/Unit Configuration Type/Unit belongs to one agency, and the Program connected to it belongs to another agency, the referral will go to the Program agency.
You will then be able to view the new referral under the Pending tab. Click on the Edit icon next to the referral to see the REFERRAL: EDIT page.
Scroll down to see the referral listed in the HISTORY section.
|Note: You may also connect referrals to Units via the Community Queue. Refer to our Community Queue for End Users article for details.|
Adding a Referral Connection
If the client already has client Program records for the referred Program, scroll to the REFERRAL CONNECTIONS section and click ADD CONNECTION. The ADD A NEW CONNECTION pop-up allows you to connect this referral only to the referred Program.
If the client doesn’t have any client Program records for the referred Program, the ADD CONNECTION link will not be displayed.
Enrolling the Client
When you enroll the client in the referred Program, the Unit’s status on the UNITS page changes to “Occupied.”
Click the down arrow next to that Unit to view details about the occupant(s).
In the Inventory module, the green “Available” icon for that Unit (on both the list on the left side of the page and the pop-up Unit Card) will change to the yellow “Occupied” icon.
If the Unit is “Pending Occupied” or “Occupied,” the system prevents you from making certain changes related to that Unit setup:
- You will not be able to change the Unit’s status from “Active” to “Inactive” or “Offline.” The Status field on the MODIFY UNIT page will be greyed out. If you hover over the Status field, you will see a tooltip explaining that the Unit Status cannot be updated.
- You will not be allowed to delete the Program from this Unit or from the level from where the Program was inherited to the Unit.
Anticipated Exit Functionality
An “anticipated exit” function provides the ability to display an anticipated availability date on the Unit Queue for currently occupied Units. To enable this function, navigate to the new Units tab in the PROGRAMS section of the client record for the Unit’s current occupant, enter the Pending Occupancy End Date, and click SAVE CHANGES. You will now be able to link this Unit to another client.
The table below describes the logic that the system follows in response to the Persistent Management and Program Availability Management toggles in REFERRAL SETTINGS, and to the “Full,” “Limited,” and “No” selections for Program availability on the Availability tab. This logic uses the existing Availability tab to control which Units appear on the Unit Queue while still allowing referrals via the Community Queue to Programs without INVENTORY.
|Persistent Management = ON
Program Availability Management = OFF
|Persistent Management = OFF
Program Availability Management = ON
|Persistent Management = ON||
|For at least one Community Queue within Referral Settings:
Persistent Management = ON
Program Availability Management = ON
|Availability = No||Units are filtered out of the Unit Queue and not available for referrals, even if Units are Units set up for the Program.|
|Availability = Limited||Unit Queue shows all available Units.|
|Availability = Full||